Is it just my laptop or it's normal?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by micks, Oct 12, 2005.

1. micks

micks the snausage wallet OT Supporter

The airport in my laptop works fine in my apartment where I have a wireless router, full range everywhere I go. But on campus when I'm in class (free wi-fi), connection drops like 5000000000000x times and it's SO annnoying. Ironically the other students sitting next to me have PC laptops and they're cruising the web without any connection problems. Is my laptop faulty or it's just normal of Apple laptops to have weak reception?

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Do you actually know what speeds they are picking up?

3. micks

no, i'll ask the next time i'm in class

4. Icedog

Icedog New Member

funny, in one part of my school they have cruddy wireless coverage. I can pick it up just fine but the PC users seem to have a lot of trouble.

5. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Yah that. In my dorm my friend with his top of the line dell 600m can't get into the wireless connection while i can... but in my bio class my friend with his compaq can connect to the library's wifi, but i cant.. idk its a bit weird..

I know the allumium pbs (like the one i have) arent that good for wireless reception b/c of the allumnium...:)

I've herd that the ibook gets phenominal reception.. so question is do u own a pb or ibook?

6. micks

I have the 12 inch alum powerbook that I just bought a month ago.. ( GRR )

7. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

Yep there you go. When both me and my friend are in a room that "shouldn't" have wireless... his picks up a signal from the library or somwhere else, while mine still doesn't... the alluminum really sux for that part..

I guess its just easier for the signal to go out with plastic than metal... a nice Pro machine eh? :cool: