TAT Is it illegal to tattoo in OK

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Staats, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Staats

Staats New Member

I was watching a documentry filmed in 2000 and it said it was still illegal to tattoo in Oklahoma is that true?

I know it was 6 years ago but is it still true?

2. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:hsugh:
    you mean laser removal? id think you would want a professional doing laser medical treatments on you

3. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

Yes, it is still illegal here. It was shot down again just recently. A lot of shops are opening up, but they can not do any tats, just sell the equipment, help design, etc. It's not hard to get one here though, you just need to know where to ask. There are a lot tattoo artist here that work out of their homes by word of mouth.

4. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

Maybe thats why its a loophole? :o

:dunno:

5. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

That sounds real fucking sanitary

6. -Shaggs-

-Shaggs- Member

The last I heard it was still illegal in OK. But I had one done in Lawton. Definitely a word of mouth thing. And yes they do work out of their homes. This was about 9 years ago when I was younger and stupid. But I was 17 at the time and just wanted to get a tattoo to be cool. But I was also at basic training with a weekend pass so it was kind of a bonding thing with my army buddies.

7. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:dunno:
    what wrong with that? ive been to tatoo parties before with a buddy of mine (never gotten inked there) but its the same as in a shop. they use the autoclave and new needles and i guess theres something kind of comforting seeing a lot of other people getting inked at the same time you are. plus people are always doing ink at conventions. i dont see any difference there

8. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

Well the tattoo bill passed monday at the house and is on it's way to the senate and governor for final approval. It has passed the house a number of times over the last few years and always get shut down at the senate. We'll see how it goes this time around.

9. 2jz

2jz New Member

I don't know about OKC, but there are a couple of tattoo shops in Tulsa that is still up and running (not just selling equipment). There is also one shop that does a lot of commercials on TV.

10. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

I would say that this is the loophole:
    So it sounds like if your not a licensed healthcare person (licensed to do medical micropigmentation), then if you want to tattoo you need to be working under someone who is licensed. If you want your own studio then..

...and then there's a whole set of rules for cleanliness of the studio and whatnot. Tattooing is only illegal if you're not licensed to do medical tattooing, or if you're not working under the supervision of someone who is licensed to do that.