is it hard to stop having sex?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by drewplusbrig, Jan 19, 2006.

1. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

my girlfriend and i had a pregnancy scare, so we decided to slow down for a while. we're going to stop having intercourse but keep doing everything else ( just less frequently, we were doing it everytime we were together )

how hard will it be to not have sex? it's only been 2 days and i'm already wanting to fuck :[

2. 311-420

311-420 New Member

exactly

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

It depends on the person I suppose.... but frankly I have to say I think this is a stupid question. You obviously aren't very mature if you have no self control whatsoever. Its as simple as keeping it in your pants, and/or her keeping her legs closed.

4. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

well, as weird as this will sound..

we're catholic, having sex is really bad, but birth control and sex would be too much for us right now. religion is also one of the reasons we want to slow down. we were just in a really bad car accident because i was in a hurry to get home so we could fool around

5. skelm

skelm New Member

Me and my girl have done the same thing for a while.. It just got to point where we both wanted to have a break for sometime... Trust me, it makes it have so much more meaning once you do again..

6. Pringles

Pringles New Member

my gf had the same idea for me. So we stopped for a couple of weeks while college apps went through. Luckly my GF is a horny one and she started up out love life a week ago. Personally it's no different than just chocking the chicken. Sure sex is better, but IM not going to die if I dont have it. If your getting horny then jerk it. If not dont worry.

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Abstinence or vasectomy are your only options then.

Definitely not a good idea to have sex if you are not using any form of birth control at all :noes:

8. skelm

skelm New Member

Kinda sounds like this is a lust > love situation... This will really show you how you feel about the girl. Just make sure that you don't start to resent her for it..

9. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You're joking right? Having sex is okay but adding birth control to the equation is too much?
    How about just being responsible? I'm sure having a child out of wedlock is REALLY out of the question as far as your 'religion' goes.
    edit: I think you have to be realistic. How old are the two of you? Do you have a pretty high sex drive? CAN you abstain or are you going to say to hell with it in the heat of passion and start having unrprotected sex again?

10. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd:

ugh... one of the reasons why catholicism drives me insane. i don't mean to go into the religion issue here, but this must be said. if you aren't going to take the necessary precautions to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, you simply shouldn't be having sex! (that goes for more than religion, but that's the main issue here.)

decide which is more important: your future here on earth or proving yourself to God. it's just my opinion, but you might want to start living & planning for this life first.

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

:werd: Like I said.... its as easy as keeping your pants on and your legs closed.

12. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

no, trust me.

we're coming up on 2 years now, we spent most of that time apart. i've moved back to washington twice, once for 8 months straight without seeing her.

it's just hard to stop having sex because i just got back, and boy did i miss humpin.

13. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Then do the responsible thing and use birth control.
    Unless of course you're TRYING to have another pregnancy scare.

14. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

In that case God was punishing you for being a sinner. You don't want to go to hell do you? Keep it in your pants!

:p

15. BlazinBlazer Guy

:bowdown::rofl:

16. low20

low20 Member

yeah its really pretty tough...its like going backwards....tho, can say that it will eventually make things more interresting..you think of new things to do besides sex and it can be fun, plus lots of stuff is just as good...itll be tough for like 2 weeks..you could try going with NOTHING for like a week and then go back to doing stuff other than sex and you will be just as happy to get anything rather than nothing..that works too

17. hard2mpress

hard2mpress New Member

get married

18. Slowta

Slowta OT Supporter

you sound about 16 so not hard at all

19. BlazinBlazer Guy

I can't recall the exact passage, but there's a verse that says something about wasting a load was blasphemy (meaning if you aren't using it to get a spouse pregnant, you're sinning by blowing a load.)

20. TNFlyBoy

TNFlyBoy F =/= ma?? wtf??

lol this completely reminded me of a girl that sat behind me in a high school class... she would talk about how nervous she was about having sex with her boyfriend and we'd tell her to get on BC and she'd pull the same excuse... it never really added up to me. yeah, she's got a baby now, i'm sure that's better than taking a pill...

21. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

The one you are thinking of is from Genesis 38:
    Of course to extrapolate from this that wasting semen is a terrible sin is to completely miss the point, but that's how the Catholic Church reads it. :rolleyes:

22. BlazinBlazer Guy

Good call -- that's exactly what I was thinking of. Frankly I think the Catholic Church is way off, too -- because to take it as literally as they do would mean that masturbation, and/or any form of non-vaginal sex is a mortal sin. That's bullshit.

However, I do think one could extrapolate from this the idea that cheating is wrong; which I do totally agree with.

23. drewplusbrig

drewplusbrig Guest

we use condoms when we have sex, don't get me wrong. it's just that..

i don't know, it's hard to explain, and even if i explain it correctly, most people still don't "get it"

if she's on birth control, she is making the decision every day to take it ( she would be on the pill ) so by doing that, every day she would feel like she was doing something wrong

with condoms, we keep them handy, and try not to have sex, but when we do give in to temptation, we have them handy. that way, we arn't making the choice to do something wrong everyday.. just sometimes

anyways, we're going to try to abstain until we get married, this weekend is my birthday the plan was kinky stuff, but now we're going out instead. this will be our test to see if we can do it.

i'm 21

24. Jackal

Jackal New Member

I'm not gonna really get into this, but sex isn't wrong. It's very sad how the church turned something that can be so beautiful into something very ugly. I'm a religious person, so don't get me wrong. If you love the person, I would take the the precautions that are needed, and I would talk to your SO about the situation. Sorry if this was already posted by someone else, I didn't have time to read all the posts.

25. marc lau

marc lau New Member

Is it hard to visit OT ... ???