SRS Is it gay for a guy to hang out with girls?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KDazzle, Sep 15, 2006.

1. KDazzle

KDazzle New Member

I've kind of lost touch with a lot of friends and I find myself hanging out mostly with two of my coworkers. Unfortunately they're both girls and I'm a guy. I hadn't even really noticed anything too wrong with that until one of them mentioned a while ago that I was one of the "girlfriends" which kind of made me disgusted with myself. Now, they're planning on going to disneyland on sunday and they've been bugging me to go with them for the past week. I told my roommate about it and he said I shouldn't go b/c i dont' want to be labeled as one of the "girlfriends" and that I should be hanging out with more guys. THe thing is these girls aren't all too girly girly. I talk to them like I would talk to some of my guy friends. Bathroom and sexual jokes and shit. Do you guys think I should go to disneyland with them or am I being a sissy by hanging out with them?

2. tehshift

tehshift Member

if you have no sexual interests in them, and you have a fun time being around them, then i see nothing wrong with the situation. However, disneyland is kinda gay :hs:

3. KDazzle

KDazzle New Member

well, one of the girls im actually pretty attracted to and I'm pretty sure she's attracted to me too but she's engaged :rolleyes: we flirt a lot and stuff tho. that's really the main reason i hang out with them b/c i like spending time with her. and your right, disneyland is gay but since i'm attracted to this girl, it does sound like fun to me. but, im just afraid im becoming a sissy by not hanging with girls all the time and not dudes

4. whelen1

whelen1 New Member

If your happy and you enjoy your life and her company, who cares what other people think? Its your life, no one else is living it except you. DO what makes you happy

5. dano

dano OT Supporter

:bowdown:

6. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

First thing...stop listening to the roomate cuz he's full of shit! It's likely that he's jealous of your current situation so any advice from him is bad advice IMO.

Next, if you enjoy hanging out with these women WHO THE FUCK CARES WHAT OTHER DUDES THINK?!?!?!?! Personally, I LOVE hanging out with women because....well...I just do. The women I hang with are funnier, more accepting and less bitchy then some of my guy friends. I srsly have more drama with some guy friends then I do with women.

Oh and regarding the gay thing.....having sex with men is what makes you gay. Hanging out with women doesn't. It's like Andrew Dice Clay says, "Either you suck dick...or you do NOT suck dick." :)

7. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

This road leads to an abyss my friend. You will continue to develop feelings for her while she has placed you in the friend zone long ago. Eventually you'll tell her how you feel and everything will come crashing down.

It doesn't sound like you're hanging with them because it's a fun time, but because you're attracted to one of them. Nothing wrong if you hang out with girls a lot, but there is if you're just following an ass that's spoken for.

Digg Dogg will add more to this I'm sure :o

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Agreed. Hanging out with girl friends is no big deal. On the other hand, that vibe you have with this girl you're attracted to is playing with fire. :nono: It's not something you want man.

9. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

This is coming from a girl:
    If the majority of a guy's friends are girls, I am way less likely to approach him.

10. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

may i ask why?

i guess cuz the leader-of-men thing is attractive and this is the opposite of that

11. KDazzle

KDazzle New Member

Thank for all the insight. You guys are all right. I shouldn't worry about what other people think. So what I'm hearing is that it should be fine to hang out with girls, but since I have feelings for one of them, it would be a dangerous situation for me. It was a tough decision but I think it's the right one and you guys helped me make it.

12. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

It's not gay in the sense that it doesn't make you suddenly attracted to males.

It's not necessarily gay in the sense that it doesn't necessarily make you look gay to outsiders. If you're worried about outsiders, why don't you tell your gf's to help u pick up chicks once in a while.

13. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I don't think it's dangerous because you are attracted to her. What makes it dangerous is she's engaged.

14. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

This information is almost useless considering that (probably) 99% of women don't approach men anyway.

15. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Yes, spending too much time with girls means you're queer. You're supposed to cum in (or on) em, and then split. Thats what real men do. :rofl:

Nothing wrong with it, broly...

16. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Actually it's kind of funny... I've got a similar situation as far as the majority of my friends being girls (at least the ones I hang with on a regular basis... I do have guy friends but I'm not usually able to do things at the same time as they are). I was at work today when one of them said "you know, I kinda feel sorry for you having to hang out with a bunch of girls all the time."

I asked, "Why?" -- She said "Because girls can be bitchy and girly sometimes, and even as a girl I sometimes get sick of it."

I looked at her and said "Well, true, but remember: I'm living the REAL life version of Charlie's Angels." (my real first name is Charlie).

She seemed to appreciate it :dunno: and I've never had anyone look at me oddly or tell me it's bad to have the friends I have. So yeah, no biggie; do what you want to do!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2006
  17. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I wouldn't listen to all the negative comments, and just have a great time. There's always people who want to ruin your life by putting darkness and poison into your life. I went to disneyland with my gf, had a smashing good time, most likely no-one notices you anyway.

18. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

My two closest friends are girls. Most of my friends are girls, but I do have a group or guys I chill with, but they are from work :o All my friends from outside of work are girls.

19. Jake!

Jake! Guest

fucking :werd:

20. Budha

Budha Guest

Dude i'm in college and most of my friends are girls... I hang out w/ them on the regular and there are no sexual feelings at all. I mean on occasion yes, but still.

21. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

*shrug* It's like going under cover when you hang out with chicks. Nothing wrong with it as far as i'm concerned. They will tell you all sorts of good shit..

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah, wtf is an engaged chick doing flirting with you, anyway?

23. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Flirting is harmless. I have friends who are married and still flirt with me/other guys, just for fun. The problem only happens if things progress beyond flirting. That's where self control comes in.

24. Kortiz-DZ

Kortiz-DZ Resident Nigerian Lipper OT Supporter

and we all know how well self-control works....

25. MrInconsistant

MrInconsistant New Member

if you enjoy being around them then go right ahead, you shouldn't feel compelled to hang out with people just because they're the same sex as you.

at the same time, however, be careful with the one girl. flirting is fun, and the ego boost doesn't hurt, but if you do anything stupid the shit WILL hit the fan.