Is it ever acceptable to hit on your doctor

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jackie Treehorn, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

I'm pretty sure this would be a no-no, but I'd like to hear what people think.

I haven't been to the doctor in years, and I've stuck to the same office since I was young, usually I see the physician's assistant when I go. I went in today for a sinus infection, and met this new assistant, the lovely Sarah. We discussed green mucus and various other endearing topics. She was quite attractive. Would it ever be feasible to ask her out? Fairly sure she's single. :noes:

Probably only happens in the Soap Opera universe. :squint:

2. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I dont see why it would be a bad idea at all...

unless you have some medical records you wouldnt want a girlfriend to see ;)

3. Cheerio

Cheerio Guest

It might be kinda awkward if you ask her out and she denies you because then you'd have to go back and see her (unless you switch docs after all this time). But I doubt anything is wrong with it, just might be hard to think of a way to bring it up...
    "So yea, I had this green snot coming out of my nose, what do you think that is...oh and by the way, would you like to go to dinner tomorrow?"
    HAHA

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:rofl:

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

so you are saying you still go to the pediatritian? how old are you.... if the age diff is approriate, go for it, and if it doesnt work, its about time you get a new doc anyways. :)

you might want to feel out the situation a little....or stop in during a non busy time and ask to speak to her...make sure you ask her out in private though bc office gossip can get nasty.

6. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Active Member

Naw, it's not a pediatrics office. I should of said "younger".

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

ok. carry on. :wiggle:

8. KarmaPolice

KarmaPolice Active Member

i love the idea... and i think you should go for it... especially if she is just one of the assistants... post back here when you have a result... i wanna know what happens... also wanna know how you approach the topic of going out when she's "examining" you :p

9. Insect

Insect New Member

This thread could use more pointing out that patient-doctor relationships are illegal. I dunno what the technicality of that is, maybe she's only your nurse or something. Otherwise she won't come near you because she'll lose her job.

10. lauren

lauren Active Member

my understanding is that it is not illegal on a criminal standpoint, ie there are no laws in the books specifically forbiding it. however, it is agains the med boards ethics code, and should something arrise they can be force to answer to a diciplin committee. also, they can face civil suits if things go sour.

there are various laws saying you cant use your status to solicate or force sex, i think its usually a lesser rape charge, but my memory fails me at the momenent. since this is a male patient asking out a female nurse, i dont see many oppertunities for her to use her 'power' to get him to have sex with her.