Is it bad to be the funny guy???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by AngerRising, Jan 19, 2007.

1. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

Ok, I know humor is a good little tool when macking on girls, but I am trying to do it in moderation. I know I am a funny fucking guy and can make people laugh their ass off, but sometimes, say for example when in my college English class when we work in groups, I wonder if I just make too many jokes to where some chicks may find me attractive but not really develop any other interest in me because I am just that funny dude. So should the humor be used in moderation, kind of like a formula of FLIRTING WITH THE GIRL and mixing humor into the macking process??

I just worry sometimes that I make too many jokes or whatever and some chicks may find me just as the funny guy they would be friends with.

Should I just remain funny for the pussy, or mix sarcastic humor in with flirting? Making innocent jokes with/about the girls, etc...

Let me know your thoughts! :)

2. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

"There's a time and a place for everything" I guess would summarize my thoughts. I've read that humor can be a way for a man to display his intelligence for a woman. I also figure that maintaining a good sense of humor in general demonstrates that you are in control of your emotions.

However, if you make jokes all the time, it might get tiresome. For example, if you are working on a project in class and only make jokes, a woman who is serious about her grade may perceive you to be a poor student or unconcerned about other people's grades. At times, making jokes excessively can also appear nervous.

Flirting is obviously playful, but I think you should be comfortable showing different sides of yourself as well. One, because I think it might be hard to get to know someone if you're always making jokes (i.e. what her interests are, etc). And two, generally just the whole idea of dynamics. If you make jokes all the time, then whatever you say becomes less funny, because people always expect you to say something funny.

3. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

I don't mean like 100% all the time just cracking jokes to where it isn't even funny anymore, I just like to fuck around, though I don't use my humor in an annoying way at all as I know when to shut up.

Anyway, I am just wondering when the humor may get used to the point to where you are just seen as "the funny guy," which can lead to the friend zone...

I think my biggest problem, at least in class, is just being kind of funny but not mixing it with some sexual tension...

4. MoP

MoP New Member

maybe try mixing it in with some assertiveness and seriousness and then you'll be golden

5. fray

fray New Member

How do you know you're not annoying with it?

If she thinks you can never be serious, then she is less likely to be attracted to you, in my opinion.

6. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

Due to the fact that you are misinterpreting how often I am talking about being funny, I am a clever guy, I know when annoying is annoying.

And I agree with what you said, fortunately I believe I have a good balance, and thus was wondering if this was good.

But is just being funny enough, or would it be smarter to flirt a little bit, cause I am really not good with that part (in class).

7. fray

fray New Member

I just meant that i don't think the guys who are annoying actually know they are annoying. They probably think they are funny. You could be in that spot. Hopefully you would realize that by your lack of other friends or social shunning, or someone would tell you. If not, then you're probably not annoying.

I think it depends on the girl anyway. If you're just normal funny, not annoying, some girls will probably think you're funny and appreciate it, some will think you're funny and weird, some will think you're just retarded. If you're looking for a hook-up with a specific girl, then you might need to tone it down to her personality. If you're just wondering about finding a decent long-term girl, I say be yourself and find a girl who finds you hilarious the way you are.

8. KuntryFresh

KuntryFresh Midwest

if you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything-marilyn monroe

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Funny guys are the best :bowdown: I can't stand being with a guy that doesn't have much of a sense of humor. If you want to hook up with a certain chick then of course you should flirt with her as well as be funny. If you don't flirt then she'll never know that you want to be more than friends.

10. AngerRising

AngerRising Guest

Great, holla at me when you are in Baton Rouge.

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

(imo) its bad to have too strong of a personality. if you think youre overdoing it, you probably are.

12. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Being funny is great. What you don't want to be is an entertainer. If you are dominating and monologuing it doesn't give the girl a chance to show her worth, and thus feel she has earned your interest.

13. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

I say just be who you are, and the right girl will be attracted to you. If you tone yourself down or pretend you are something you aren't, you could attract the wrong person

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I loooove funny guys. It's by far one of the top 3 things I have to have in a guy I date. However, the problem sometimes with guys who are naturally very funny is that they don't know when to stop. And it can be tiring for a girl to be with a guy who doesn't have an OFF button, and has to be the life of the party.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

huh...

:sadwavey:

oh well.. fuck it :)

16. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Humor is great, but in moderation.

If you use it too much, you become a clown who is there solely to amuse everyone.

17. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

You can be as much of a joker as you want, but stay away from touchy subjects early on, don't use self depricating humour, and don't pick on other people.