Is it bad if my joints are crackley?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by mandrew, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandrew

mandrew New Member

I switched to a bodypart split routine recently and I've noticed after upper body days my elbows and shoulders tend to sound like rice crispies when I haven't moved for a bit. There's no actual pain or anything. That never happened when I did upper/lower for the last ~9 months so I'm just wondering it something is wrong or if my body just has to adjust to this training.

thoughts?

2. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

3. Request.

Request. OT Supporter

That's the bad kind of popping. It's called crepitus.

It's an indication of improper joint function which leads to osteoarthritis over time.

It's up to you but, my suggestion is to go to a PT or a Chiropractor.

What's the point in working your ass off for a few years and then never being able to lift again?

4. mandrew

mandrew New Member

I just decided to go back to upper/lower... After my first upper body day on thursday there was no joint pain, no discomfort/dryness, and the next morning when I got out of bed my elbows and shoulder connective tissues didn't sound like rice krispies. Back to normal :bowdown: plus the full-torso pump I get from on upper body days is freakin amazing so I'm really not going to miss the 4 day split at all.

5. slimjim

slimjim New Member

My knees always make this noise when I stand up after squatting down (not weightlifting squatting, just regular squatting)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.