SRS Is it any point looking for a relationship?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Panoptimist, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

This isn't about chasing after one girl in particular. It's more of a general question.

I'm almost done with highschool forever. Is there even a point in trying to get involved with a girl? I haven't in four years been involved in a serious relationship. I know at this point it's really something that I want to experience, and I know what I need out of one, etc. Is it too late to start? Should I just wait until college?

2. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

IMO, if you don't want a relationship, then don't look for one. At that point in high school, I wouldn't if I was in that position. I had a girlfriend my freshman and sophomore year, but in my junior and senior year, I spent most of the time with my friends and casually going out with someone every once in a while.

I'd recommend just casually going out with someone, so maybe you can find out what you want out of a girl and out of a relationship in general. Then maybe you will want a relationship.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting a relationship at that point in your life.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Here's my thoughts. When I first started high school my older sister (who had a bunch of LTR's all during her 3 years) always told me do not attempt serious relationships, because they are almost always stupid and pointless. I of course never listened to that and had a boyfriend for almost 3 years of HS. I regretted it ever since, because the last year I was single and dated around and had a blast! In fact I dated only casually all up until this last year of college. Dating casually is great because you get to understand relationships, the opposite sex, and aren't a total social idiot.

Now of course if you meet a girl and fall in love that's a different story. I'm by no means saying "hold yourself back from love," but I would advise to start out more on a journey of having fun and just dating til you get the hang of it.

4. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

I agree totally here. Dating in high school blows and it's better to date around and get a feel for things and then when you find the SO you will have a better relationship.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would also recommend doing the whole dating thing after the high school affaire, you'll get into a new stadium of your life after high school, and even if you get a relationship now, chances are you gonna have to say goodbye soon because who knows what she will do or goto after highschool. So settle in for the new period and stage of your life, and then look for someone in your inner circle who you like and who is in the same stage of their lives to correspond with.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You should never look for a relationship. Let things happen naturally. Meet new people and if you meet a girl you like then start dating casually and see where it goes from there. Don't worry about whether or not it will turn into a relationship, just have fun.