GUN Is HK worth the price?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Resin, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

I was looking at the M&P 40 compact, but I'm starting to like the HK p2000. Is it worth it? looking for a carry that I will have for a while

2. AB13

AB13 New Member

totally relative to what you mean by "worth it". It's worth whatever you're willing to pay.

3. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

ibHKmarketinghatesyou.txt

4. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

well compared to the M&P in terms of reliability, accuracy, weight, quality, etc.

5. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Also really depends on what model and even what variation you are considering.

I had an HK P2000sk 40S&W V3, right before the M&P, that's actually what I got rid of FOR the M&P.
    I really thought it was decent, its a nice gun. However, I did not have a fun time shooting it. For some reason I wasn't very accurate with it, it didn't seem to fit me. And at the same time, I didn't seem to fit it.
    I gave it a shot, I tried to like it and I tried to shoot it well. It just wasn't happening. So I gave it up and got the M&P.

Now for ME, the M&P has been a huge difference. In comfort. In ability to shoot. In accuracy. Everything pretty much has been better for me.

I do not HATE HK... but in my OPINION, they are NOT worth the money you pay for them. Plus, if anything ever DOES go wrong, their Customer Service is pitiful at best. Whereas S&W's CS is top-notch.

As I've told people in the past, I'm not saying the M&P is better quality. I'm not even saying its the better gun. But I am saying it was better for ME. It is what it is. A relatively inexpensive polymer duty gun. Its not an expensive HK, or 1911. The gaps are not tight... but neither are Glock's.

6. Slick26

Reliability is good, but they're still working out bugs. MOST people don't have any issues at all.
    Accuracy is great, right out of the box. I even had a bum front sight and it shot straight. Now with the new one they sent me, its even BETTER.
    Weight, its about the same as a Glock, for the most part... maybe a tad heavier. But HK's are pretty heavy. However, P2000's aren't bad.
    Quality... same as reliability, they're still working out the bugs... but most people have no issues. And if you do, for whatever reason, S&W CS TAKES CARE OF YOU. I really mean that.

7. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

S&W as a $50 rebate and 2 extra mag special going on and that sounds very tempting

8. Slick26

Indeed. I bought mine at the wrong time :rofl: Stupid range bag. The thing sucks.

9. Slick26

Sounds like a familiar story.
    Thing is, they look great in movies. They really are sexy. But they take a lot of work to handle and shoot well.
    The LEM trigger isn't bad, its much improved. But their DA/SA absofuckinglutely BLOWS. That first shot is worthless, every time.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  10. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

I've always thought they were too pricey.

11. Gimik

Gimik New Member

it's better than the DA pull of a 1911 :dunno:

12. Slick26

True 1911's are SA bud.

13. Gimik

Gimik New Member

;)

14. Slick26

:rofl:

Don't you wink at me.

15. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

fixed :o

16. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

A lot of H&K hate in here, huh?

Let me put it this way: the only pistol I've kept since getting involved in the shooting sports is my USP. Nothing else has compared so far...

I'm looking forward to the P30L. Well, whenever we receive one in canuckistan. :)

17. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

HK makes a quality product but it is incredibly over priced IMO.

18. MTech

MTech New Member

I always liked HK but I have heard nothing but problems on the model you're speaking of. I also was arguing over pricing because I wanted the HK CT or the M&P which is half the price. After lots of talking to various people who own them, checking several reviews and seeing who is using them along with shooting them both I went with the M&P. I still like the CT, but with the M&P I get a lighter, easier to conceal weapon that holds more and is more accurate along with great CS which I only hear nightmare stories about with HK.

In a world of compromises, some people put the bullets in the magazine backwards…

But it doesn’t matter, because our gun is on the cover of the Rainbow Six video games. Look how cool that SEAL coming out of the water looks… If you buy a $2,000 SOCOM, you will be that cool of an operator too. And chicks will dig you.

At HK, we stuck a piston on an AR15, just like a bunch of other companies have done, dating back to about 1969. However ours is better, because we refuse to sell it to civilians. Because you suck, and we hate you.

Our XM8 is the greatest rifle ever developed. It may melt, and it doesn’t fit any accessories known to man, but that is your fault. If you were a real operator, you would love it. Once again, look at Rainbow Six, that G36 sure is cool isn’t it? Yeah, you know you want one.

And by the way, check out our new HK45. We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

19. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

I like H&Ks, yeah there is a premium to their guns but whatever. Ive owned 3 H&Ks, have about 2500~ rounds total and have never had a failure of any kind, and they are just as accurate as any gun thats not an 1911 also.

The P30s and HK45s are a great addition to their lineup allowing the shooting to customize backstraps and sidepanels to their liking.

I also love being able to choose how I want to carry, from Condition 0 to 2 along with Condition 2 + safety

20. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I agree.

I paid $620 for my brand new USP .40 Stainless back in 1999. I think that was a good price.

I do NOT think the same gun is worth $200 more now.

21. Slick26

Wutever. :cool:

22. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

I own the .40 P2000sk (lem) and absolutely love it. It's been nothing but consistent and accurate since i've bought it. It's my daily carry, and I find that it conceals well, and feels good in my hand (for a sub-compact). :dunno:

23. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

While we're discussing accuracy: my USP can easily pull "Robin Hoods" over and over... it just requires a good shooter behind it.

3K$ Tricked out gun > HK accuracy > * else > Glock

24. MTech

MTech New Member

didn't see that coming..... :rofl:

25. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

Because H&K designs their guns for comp shooting.