GUN Is Botach Tactical safe to order from?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jago, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

I've heard lots of bad things about them in the past. Have they changed?

2. Fook Yoo

Fook Yoo OT Supporter

i order twice from them before and everything went smooth.recently i order some stuff for my ak and its been 2 weeks im guessing its backorder(botach has a problem for advertising stuff thats not in stock),but yeah they charge my cc and havnt return any of my emails so im thinking waiting till monday and see if i get any reply if not im going to cancel my order and order elsewhere.

3. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

I would never again order BOTACH again, I still haven't recieved my full order yet (I placed it March of 2003). I email and get no response, I lost about 50 bux but more so than the money I just felt ripped off.

4. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

felt? you did. :Owned:

:o

5. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

:werd: , I was tricked into buying from Botach I knew better but my buddy had his whole order filled and shipped within a couple of days. So I figured I'd give it a shot, its just not worth the 2 bux you *might* save.

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i've never had a problem with them, but plenty of other people have. i'll just keep gambling. i've had worse problems with lightfighter than a lot of people have had with botach combined. i'll never order from lightfighter ever again.

i've ordered many cases of IMI M193 from them, when they had it. i've ordered israeli bandages. i've probably ordered some other things from them also. never had a problem. the problems arrise when you don't fucking call them before you order. if you simply call ahead, they'll tell you if it's in stock or not. you can avoid a lot of hassle if you do this. that goes for any place you order from. call them first.

8. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

The first time I ordered, everthing went great. The 2nd time was a different story.

First, it took forever for them to ship. When they ship, well, it was supposedly lost. When it was found, it was 2 weeks late from when it was supposed to arrive. When it did get here, one item was grong -- GG&G sling plate for an 870. Had to send it back, on my dime, and wait for the right part to come in.

They have AWESOME prices, but you pay for it in the long run.

9. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I would not do business with them again.

10. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, you get a price break because they employ israeli women who don't speak clear english. boo hoo. for me, it's worth it. for you, it might not be. a LOT of people complain about them, but the fact is, they stay in business for a reason: people keep coming back. why do they sell out of shit? because people come back and buy it. you get the best prices around on several things, and some things that no one else has. you sacrifice the incredible customer service that other places might have, along with their higher prices.

figure out which is more important to you. if i were on a deadline for something, i'd avoid botach. if i had a couple weeks, i'd call and ask if they had it in stock. sometimes, i'll call twice, so that i can get two different operator ladies, and get a second opinion on things in stock. they once told me magpul ranger plates were out of stock, but i have a feeling she didn't even know what i was talking about.

11. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

They stay in business because of Camp Pendleton, just like Ranger Joes stays in business because of Ft Benning.

12. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

Thanks guys, I'm just gonna use their site to price match with another site.

13. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

I've ordered from them 3 times.

Twice for lights, both times they came fast, and were much cheaper than anywhere I could find.

3rd time was for some mags, and they never charged my card or shipped them :wtf: Oh well.

14. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

Don't do it, this is your warning.