SRS Is being a single dad prevent me from getting women...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RageUnleashed, Sep 4, 2007.

1. RageUnleashed

RageUnleashed New Member

..I know many guys shy away from dating single moms, so I'm wondering how true it is with the reverse situation. I'm single, my ex-fiance and I have a son. We both have jobs, both take some days of the week to take care of him. I'm not looking for a long term relationship for awhile, and definitely don't want to give my son a stepmom, his mom is great. In fact, I wouldn't really let women know that I am a father, or get a woman I'm dating involved in his upbringing.

2. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

no, it's not. It's your lack of game. There are single fathers who TEACH other guys how to pick up women. It's your lack of knowing how to get girls. Go check out the vag, especially the sticky and all my (and my old name Jkidd5) posts, and post questions

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

naw, i'm pretty sure it's not it

in fact i think it's pretty attractive for a man to be a single father, and i know i'm not the only woman who thinks this, i've heard this from other females as well :o

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Only if you are most likely going after really young immature women who want nothing to do with that kind of baggage. If you are just trying to get laid and not get into any kind of real relationship than I honestly don't see the point of telling the girls, unless it gets brought up.

Then again, if you love your son enough maybe you won't be embarrassed about him and will openly and proudly tell woman you are a dad and not give a fuck what they think...

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

is it preventing you from getting some women? maybe, but definitely not all women.

For example, I tend to stay away from single mothers because I feel I am not ready to raise a child/start a family.

There may be some women out there who feel the same way.

6. RageUnleashed

RageUnleashed New Member

I have not encountered a woman that has flat out said she wasn't interested because I have a kid. I do however admit I have no game, mostly for lack of effort.

7. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I'm sure it prevents you from getting some women but there are so many single moms out there that you shouldn't really have a problem. I never want kids so I wouldn't date a guy who has one but there are plenty of women who would.

8. ChristiMarie

ChristiMarie New Member

For me, it's only a problem when the guy starts bringing up the ex/kids mom constantly.

"baby momma drama" is a huge turn off.

9. RageUnleashed

RageUnleashed New Member

Whenever I do find someone I want to get serious with I don't want to get her involved in my son's life. I'm not sure how well that would work but those are two things in my life I would keep separate from one another, and I certainly wouldn't constantly bring up drama with the ex and my son to the new gf.

Would the fact that I have a kid really concern a woman I'm dating? It doesn't seem worth mentioning to someone since it doesn't involve them.

10. CrackaJacka420

CrackaJacka420 New Member

Coming from a broken home wit 2 single parents i see both of my parents dating and it doesnt bother me cuz im 19 but i think that if your son is alot younger its ok to date woman but you need to make sure the woman dont try to get in between you and your sons relationship.....i havent talked to my father in months b/c hes datin some cunt....i dont mind him datin her but he doesnt even try to talk to me which pisses me off even more.....so point of my post....dont be brainwashed by your girlfriends.....and try dating sites....they work nice for single parents.

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Of course it involves them, if you have a kid that is a huge part of your life. Are you just gonna lie to her when she asks why you can't hang out when you have the kid?

12. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

No, having a kid shouldn't ruin your dating life. One of my coworkers has a 6 year old son from a previous marriage (he's 32) and I think he'd be quite a catch. He's an all around great guy. If someone wouldn't date him because he has a son, then that's their loss.

You having a son DEFINITELY affects the people you seriously date. You really need to be open about it and tell them. It may not be their kid and they may not have an parenting responsibilities, but it's a HUGE part of your life that they need to know about in order to really know you. I'd say let those you date know about your kid, but keep them separate from one another until you feel like the person you're with could be a more permanent fixture in your life and then introduce them casually. Just make sure to talk to the person you date first so that they understand and don't try to take on some sort of authority figure roll.

13. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I fear if you neglect to mention that you have a kid then when the girl you are dating finds out she might split.

14. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Agreed. Not saying you have to introduce your kid from the start, but definitely make sure anyone you are dating knows about it.

If I started dating a girl, then she told me a few dates later that she had a kid, I would split. That's something most people need to know about upfront.

15. RageUnleashed

RageUnleashed New Member

I should have been more specific, I don't know how much my kid is worth mentioned when I am CASUALLY dating someone. My definition of dating is when I am dating around. Once I go monogamous with someone I don't consider myself "dating" anymore. If I start getting serious it I consider myself "in a relationship". In which case I would tell her that I have a son and certain times I won't be available because I'll be hangin out with him.

And I would never neglect time with my son for someone. He's my #1 priority.

16. johan

johan Active Member

Ask yourself, what kind of woman you're after.

17. RageUnleashed

RageUnleashed New Member

Right now, I'm not after women, unless a friends with benefits type situation arises. I was just getting people's opinions, particularly women and other single dads, by posting this topic.

18. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

If you are willing to date single Mom's... you should be rolling in it.
    Single Moms are all about the 'Father shopping' thing.

However...
    if you are gaming for women without kids.... that is hit or miss. There are defined chicks out there that will dig your kid - and therefore dig you. But there are also chicks that won't want the baggage you have attached to you.

Still....
    you have the kids, not your woman. You didn't knock some broad up and leave her. That is some major points in your favor. You should be able to game that angle to your advantage.

19. RageUnleashed

RageUnleashed New Member

Both of us have the kid, we switch off different days of the week.