Is being a guy just doing stuff you dont want to do?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MudRacer4x4, Apr 21, 2009.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

Im starting to feel like it is. I feel like being a guy in a relationship is just doing stuff you dont want to do and putting up with bullshit just so you can have sex. Does anyone else feel this way? I don't know if i've ever met another guy who doesn't feel this way in their relationship and is truly happy with their SO

2. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

nope. then again, i don't subscribe to the idea that guys need to act a certain way to be considered guys.

what you're describing is a relationship where one person is in control and the other person just accepts it. i don't see the ideal in that scenario at all.

of course, if you're putting up with bullshit you won't be truly happy with your SO. if the sex is that frequent and worthwhile to remain in that situation, so be it. however, i think the ideal is to find someone else where the situation will be different. important to note, if the guy allows the relationship to reach that stage, then he may just be inviting his own "misery" and a change of partners won't do much to alleviate the situation.

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

At what point are you going to stop making stupid excuses and just admit that your current relationship has been failing for a year now? Seriously kid, it's time to move on.

4. Joybang

Joybang New Member

To answer your question. No.

5. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

No, and your relationship must suck. You've obviously gave your girl the control and let her walk all over you, yet your knowledge that you won't get sex elsewhere makes you put up with it, and now you're trying to make yourself feel better by asking if other men have tucked their tails in between their legs such as yourself as an attempt for some type of feeling such as, "I knew I wasn't the only one!"

6. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

Any relationship, whether its romantic or platonic, is a MUTUAL social relationship... it isn't slavery, nor are you in it against your will. I don't understand why people stay in relationships if they DON'T ENJOY BEING IN THEM. Christ, it isn't rocket science to understand... if a relationship is making two people mutually happy, it is a healthy relationship. Anything else is unhealthy. If there is no way to turn that unhealthy relationship into a healthy one, it's time to get out and find someone who you are compatible with.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

BTW, how many other guys in relationships are you basing this theory off of?

8. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

No.

Get the fuck out of the relationship if you feel like that

9. Reign

Reign Banned

With the exception of sometimes shitty movies... my GF and I usually love to do what the other one does. And if we don't... like I love to run, and snowboard, and lift and she doesn't... well we do that with our friends.

Because every relationship needs space/somewhat seperate lives too.

10. Reign

Reign Banned

But in general... life is about doing shit you don't want to do. I don't want to go to fucking work... but I do like doing stuff outside of work that costs money. Lose-Win situation.

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

That's not being a guy. That's being someone who isn't able to stand up for what he wants.

There are plenty of guys in relationships who are happy.

If you feel like that, why are you in the relationship? You can get sex from women without being in a relationship.

12. Bacardi 151

Bacardi 151 New Member

Whateva, whateva, I do what I want! ;)

Seriously reply, no.

13. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

You do something you don't like to do, because you want to. If you didn't want to, you wouldn't be doing it.

14. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

what the fuck..??? hell no...

15. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I think you've confused being a guy with being a sucker with no self-esteem. You should speak up for yourself unless you really think it's better this way. The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care?

16. Climbing Cracker

Climbing Cracker I am the Devil. And I am here to do the Devil's w

:rofl: good song.

17. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I can say I've ever had a relationship in which I did things I did not want to do or enjoy, only to have sex, lol what on earth?

18. vizyn

vizyn New Member

This. And I love that song.

I put myself in a couple relationships where I felt similarly to what you describe. For me it really had to do with self-esteem and feeling like I needed a girl to validate myself. Focusing on bettering myself in a lot of ways and exploring my many interests has really helped me wain myself from being so co-dependent. There are plenty of incredible girls out there that will surprise and challenge you in a lot of ways - and that used to intimidate me - but with my renewed self confidence its never been so appealing.

19. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I shared your feelings in my early relationships on through the end of my first marriage.

At that point I made a conscious choice to no longer do things I don't want to do (for the most part - there are always exceptions to everything)

I've found that as long as you have and enforce this principle at the start of the relationship you won't encounter many problems (depending on her attitude of course - but then again I couldn't be with a woman that insisted on dictating what my behavior will be)

Consistency is key and your biggest obstacle may be the attitudes of her peers who will mostly be with pussy-whipped guys who leap at her every whim

20. Televandalist

Televandalist New Member

this. and the movie thing is so true. Quit being weak, and get out.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

inforTSresponse

22. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

:rofl: do you need sex that badly??

23. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I know that. AND I DID. I'm just saying I see it with the people around me

24. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

umm.. yes. I mean i feel lucky i don't have to go through that kind of thing, but a man will do nearly whatever we have to for sex.

Do you NEED to talk that badly? try going a few days without talking to anyone abut anything other then the bare bones yes/no/cheeseburger and fries/on your desk in an hour boss necesities of conducting your life and let me know how you feel.

25. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

:rofl:

I've gone without for 7 months