WEB is anyone here an affiliate merchant?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Falconer, May 6, 2009.

1. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

what type of product do you sell and what affiliate company do you sell it through?

also, how come most of the affiliate sites I've seen don't have an option to become a merchant? I know Clickbank does, Paydotcom does, CJ does (if you make $50k or more in sales per month), but I haven't seen the option to join any other aff programs as a merchant.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

maxbounty does

3. smithkl

smithkl New Member

To be a merchant you generally need to have a fair amount of cash up front, and if you have that kind of cash you also probably have some kind of connections that can get you talking to the right people. I'm sure if you emailed them though, and had the money they would get back to you.

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

why does it cost the merchant money (other than maybe a reasonable joining fee)?

What is Maxbounty's "20% network fee?" Does that mean 20% of all profits to to max bounty and then what's left you divide up between yourself and your affiliate?

edit - n/m, don't feel like paying $1,000 to join.

So a noob is pretty f'ed, huh? Seems like the only feasible aff networks to join would be Clickbank or PDC. And each of those two has some pretty bad flaws and stupid rules, but at least they're affordable.