WEB Is anyone good with Wordpress? And free today? :o

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shaitaan, May 18, 2009.

1. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

(Am I allowed to solicit for some quick work here?)

So, this is what I'm looking for. The domain WILL be www.netstudio.com, but is currently being developed on www.easywebsitegraphics.com. I'm going to have a resources/articles section linked to from the top nav, which will have cool articles written by yours truly. I'd like for this section to be WP powered, and locked into that directory. (All URLS should end up being www.netstudio.com/resources/this-is-an-article-name.php)

If you take a look at mockup1, You'll see the template. There's a local left hand nav, which will be all article links & categorized ( I can do this manually, if need be). The article/post itself will be on the right.

mock 1:

[​IMG]

If you look at mockup2, you'll see the elements i'd like. I really like the formatting as outlined in the mock, but I definitely want the date, the byline, & the comments at the top. I'd also like a social networking script somewhere on the page too.

mock 2:

[​IMG]

So..If i wanted someone experienced to install all this for me with the quickness & make it look seamless w/ the rest of the site, is it doable / how much would that run me? :o

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Active Member

This should be pretty straightforward, assuming none of the web banners, web buttons, ad banners etc links are ever categories themselves, but they are always the article you want to create in WP?

Are you going to code a sample design for the comments form fields or leave that up to us? ( Just a standard, name and email input box and comments textarea with submit button, unless you want to collect some additional info )

3. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

I *think* I understand you, but i'll clarify; Where it says "Graphic Types" on the left, I'd want a category name. Where the actual links are, I'd want Article links for the articles I write.

does that make sense :hsd:

and the standard comment format sounds awesome....

4. Cojones

Cojones Guest

Hierarchy is what you want no?

So under the graphics type (green graphic) you want links to categories.

so

Graphic Types

category 1
    category 2
    category 3
    category 4

Then under each category link you want a list of your previously written articles? Or do you want them to click the link say category 1 and take it to a page where category 1 lists all of the articles within that cat?

5. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

That's exactly what I want. Ideally, it'd just collapse down a bit more in the menu itself, instead of going to another page. but yeah.

is this getting complicated? :o

6. Cojones

Cojones Guest

It wouldn't be that hard at all. Something javascript can easily do. The tags for displaying that are all over wordpress codex reference. I think it's wp_list_articles ? (not 100% sure)

7. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

any chance someone wants to do it for me for some compensation? :x:

still busy creating demos and the rest of the site :hsd:

8. Cojones

Cojones Guest

IM me @ bball if you have aim, otherwise PM me

9. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member

IM'ed :coold:

10. shaitaan

shaitaan New Member