SRS is anyone else adopted?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by atlimport26, Jun 27, 2005.

1. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

i FUCKING HATE IT, i hate not looking like my family im hispanic/caucasioun(spelling) but my whole life ive never been close to my parents annnnnddddd i just dont feel like there my family, they love me show much but i dont feel like i love them back at all. they spoil the shit out of me but that really doesnt mean shit to me i have no one im realy close to...... just felt like sharing, ive never really talked bout it bfore.

2. joesomebody

joesomebody New Member

OMG I am adpoted to...i am hispanic and my adopted family is white....it sucked so bad growing up. I kinda feel liike this is my only family but a part of me still wants to find my birth parents....

3. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

hrm... i'm not adopted, so i can't really offer much advice in those regards. how old are you? you sound like you're a teenager, and welp, we ALL go through that when we're that age. i didn't feel as though my parents loved me when i was in junior high.

:dunno: i actually sat down and talked with my mother. it worked for me, maybe you should do the same with your parents. effective communication is key! i guarantee they care about you 110% (which i'm sure you know), and i'm sure they'd love to see how they could make their relationship with their son better.

4. joesomebody

joesomebody New Member

who u think is a teen? me or atlimport26?

5. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

really? if so i know how u feel my friend, ive had alot of problems trying to figure out who the fuck i am. my family is white also, it just feels like we we dont mix well like i dunno. but im actually 20 about to turn 21. i just found my birth parents not to long ago i have 2 brothers and 2 sisters i dont even konw i had until like a few months ago, its pretty wierd. how old were u when u were adopted id like to hear more from u man.

6. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

I probly came off a lil immature about it lol but ive had this issue my whole life and it drives me crazy, me and my parents have had many talks but im sure once i meet my biological family things will change a good bit, i dunno if thats gonna be good or bad tho. but i appreciate ur advice.

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

dude, your a mexican. Find some mexican friends to who you can relate to. When you grow older and have the luxery, go visit Mexico city , and find your roots. Drink sweet Maria's , and eat spicey spanish peppered food and dream about your home while your at it. Then you rejoice what you are made of and where you come from, and then you'll appreciate what your parents did for you.

8. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

I'm adopted. I'm white and have recently found my birth family. It was/has been an awesome experience. My adoptive brother is hispanic/caucasian and he's had a harder time with being adopted. I'm sure some of it had to do with race.

9. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

:hsugh: :mamoru:

10. joesomebody

joesomebody New Member

I don't know if i want to meet my adopted parents....I am 17 getting ready to turn 18. My mom says that when i turn 18 i can do whatever i want...i have that fear of being rejected by my birth mom, bc she might feel guilty of what she did(to me) or i try so hard to find her but can't i am kinda scared of being rejected. btw i am a gril.....i just did 'joesomebody' bc people act different towards girls. Anyone wanna tlak more my AIM is tizzylizzy87.

11. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

wow that has to be one of the worst posts i've ever come across in this forum.

12. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

thankyou:)

13. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I think darketernal is in a bad mood today :noes:

14. HoldEmRules

HoldEmRules New Member

this is why adoption rarely works.

you should be glad you were adopted and not left in a trash can during a prom or sometihng

15. LemonPupcake

LemonPupcake New Member

i don't know my real dad, but i was adopted by the guy i call "dad."
    i feel for ya, i guess only half way though.
    i really the feeling of only half knowing myself.

i think we should write to oprah and have her find our birth parents.

16. joesomebody

joesomebody New Member

i so agree with u...i think we should do that..because i want to find my birth parents..but i lack the funds. Hit me up on AIM so we can talk some more.

17. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

It only cost me a total of $300.00 which is not much money.

You may get your answers and you may not. I've talked with A LOT of adopted people. There are free search boards, but those rarely make a match. I got a judge to "unseal" my records and PI to find my birthmom AND birthdad for a total of $300.00, there are many out there who will charge a whole lot more and the birth parent(s) may or may not want contact, or may even be dead.

I am VERY glad I went through with it because I found health information I needed and closure. I have a GREAT relationship with my birthmom. She is awesome. I understand why she gave me up and am grateful that she went to a nice "girl's home" so that I would have good adoptive parents. She was only 15 and had NO family support and my birthdad wouldn't/couldn't marry her. Back in the 1960's you just didn't have/keep children out of wedlock and abortion wasn't legal.

Joesomebody since you're 18 your birthmom had the CHOICE to/or not to abort you. She gave you life. So that says something for her right there. She wanted to give you a good life by giving you to people who were more equipped to have children than her.

18. joesomebody

joesomebody New Member

what company did u go through?

19. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

I went through the Tarrant County Court system and they assigned a neutral third party, who in my case was a private investigator that only charged $300.00. It was a stroke of luck. She was an older lady and I don't think she's doing it anymore because a friend tried to call her to find his mother and she never returned the call. She probably died or retired.

20. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I'm not adopted but I may as well be. Growing up, I never felt like I was put in the right family. My parents were too strict and not understanding at all. It sucks that you feel incomplete, but so do I and many other people who weren't adopted. Self discovery is a life long journey. Do you feel like your personality is subdued in a way? I'd encourage you to learn more about your culture. Learn to cook some authentic dishes. Visit a hispanic community. You got to have a unique experience by being adopted. Instead of dwelling on the negatives, try to find some positives in there. I'm sure there's plenty.

21. Sheana

Sheana New Member

I was adopted at birth and i found my birth mom a year or two ago. I have always had mixed feelings about being adopted. I'm actually a "search angel", so if any of you adoptees have some info about your adoption and would like some help finding your birth parents, let me know and i will do everything i can to help. I can't guarantee anything, but i'll do what i can.

22. Darketernal

says the person who hates me no matter what i post :squint: just :gtfo: of my life. And stop replying to my posts.

23. atlimport26

atlimport26 Guest

i just wanted to say that i just got back from california meeting my birthfamily and mom i dont know my dad he died after i was born, but it was a great experience i feel like i found the part of me thats missing, i feel different about life now its just good, ive gotten closer to my "white family" already. erik

24. Darketernal

Well done for visiting your family ,i think that suggestion of seeing your roots was a good idea after all. :hug: sorry bout your dad.

25. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

aim spiritusofchaos1 You need to face it the facts, she is your birth mother and I think that you could have a rewarding relationship and less potholes on the road of life if you just do it. GO!