Is Anyone a Wordpress Wizard?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hellodon, Jan 23, 2007.

1. hellodon

Oct 26, 2006
    I'm sort of new to wordpress..especially new to customizing it.

I found a template online that I like, I have the whole thing installed on my website and I'm using it through the domain name.... I want to customize the template that I'm using to fit my own needs.

I need a lot of help. I'm not good with CSS and style sheets and don't have time to learn it at the moment. Basically I want to take this and add a lot of features/customizations to it and from what I hear, it's not too difficult but I've never done it. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

What I want to do is
    -add some topics at the top and be able to post blog entries to a specific heading.
    -add a "copyright" at the bottom
    -add categories to the right
    -be able to embed sound players
    -be able to post banner ads on the right easily and also banner ads in between posts randomly and ideally be able to manage these things through a plug in of some sort

Basically I am a good marketer and good at search engine my plan is to get this blog some attention, and when that happens i'll need to be nice and organized and be able to handle advertisers like other blogs do...that's where i really need some help.

Seems like there are too many routes to go when reading/learning. I just want to speak with someone or even get help from someone that has gone through this stuff.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2007