Is AIO and sg even worth the hassle? never used before, but about to order

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Jan 5, 2004.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

Is AIO and sg even worth the hassle? Four star Products produce UPP?

Well i finally got my list together of the stuff i want to order. I read some threads on here about the Klasse AIO and SG. I saw scotts results and i was impressed, but the Clearkotes looked just as good. I was reading on this forum and another detail forum, the stuff can be a pain to remove, dry time is increased at least 30 mintues, streaking happens easily as well.

Also i want to try that Platnium Ultimate Paint Protection, Is this the same stuff that the 4 star company makes? They make something call four star Ultimate paint protection. Same stuff?

Is it even worth using this product?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2004
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

AIO is a breeze to use, it is SG that can be tough. If you apply it too thickly, it will streak and haze. If you use the wipe on, wipe off method, it is much easier to use provided you use thin coats. I haven't had any problems with streaks or hazing but I am quite used to using thin layers of product. SG has a very bright and reflective look, even more than S100 does. It looks great on lighter colors and it makes black look like a mirror. Platinum's UPP has a wetter look than SG does (and I think 4 Star and Platinum are the same but not 100% certain). UPP does need to dry on the paint for about 45-60 minutes to bond properly and once fully dry, it wipes off easily. Again, thin coats work best.

Both SG and UPP can be layered for more shine. Right now, I have 3 layers of UPP on my Accord and it looks very glossy. I'm going to top it all with Carnauba Moose to add more depth when I get a chance.

If you only want to get one of the two (SG or UPP), I'd go with UPP, despite the longer drying time because I like the wetter look. While it is drying, you can dress the interior, wheels, etc.

I think you will find though, that in day to day detailing, Poorboy's products are more user friendly and last almost as long as Klasse SG and Platinum UPP.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

Thanks alot Scott!! Yeah Where did you order your UPP from?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Premium Auto Care. Just do a google search of Platinum UPP.

5. a red heart

a red heart Guest

ive used SG / AIO, both were a breeze, SG was easier than s100 with the bill north method.