SRS Is acceptance important?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Nov 13, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I work part-time only, but make pretty good money. I hate going to work, and most of the time being there sucks. But there are times when I like it since I have started to open up to some co-workers. I find that most people will accept you for who you are as long as you are not an ass. At least it seems like acceptance. If it is, maybe they are pretending to accept me since they have to work with me? I think about it later on after work and the more I think about it, they more I come to the conclusion that they talk about me behind my back about how weird I am. That shit makes me cry. I replay situations in my head over and over and realize how much I was being ignored or how I was being treated like I don't exist. I'm setting myself up just so I can knock myself down.

The only way to be sure I have acceptance is to hang out with retards. They accept everyone. But then I still have to know that they don't know any better so I am just accepted by default. Not really a good frame of reference.

How precise is your self image? When is your self image healthy? Is it best to just not worry about it and continue onward as long as you are satisfied? It's hard to do so when you are self-conscious and drugs/alcohol can only help you for a limited amount of time,and even then they can only help you so much.

God damn it there is no escaping my misery. It's just this crazy web of confusion, paranoia, apathy, hysteria, depression, anger, fear, shame loneliness, and self deception. Has anyone ever felt like throwing up because they were so disgusted of themselves? How about not eating food all day because you don't feel like you are worthy of it? You deserve to starve. Many people have a worse environment, but somehow they are ok. Why me? This can be inherited through genes, right? Or is all that a crock of shit?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  2. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

We build these things in our minds to try to "protect" ourselves. You have to realize that your self image positive or negative is conditioned by the experience you have had. But ultimately you must seek out people that truly accept you for who you are, don't bother with people who don't they are a waste of time. If you are sincere and honest with yourself and then in turn to others you will make a huge difference in how you deal with life. Don't let this negative self image define your life, you have value to someone, somewhere.

3. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

get therapy

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

:eek3: god this is the gospel putting this up on my wall of quotes

5. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

I think I'll flip the script here for you.. Tell us what you think.

Since when does it really, honestly, and truly matter what others think of you? Your life isn't what other people perceive it as, it's more of what you want it to be.

Everyone in this world isn't going to like you, face it. In fact, chances are, in our lifetime and the way this world is going, we'll have more people who dislike then like us. Is it fair to be judged off appearance? No. Is it fair to be thought and talked about in negative manners that are probably way off? No. Is it even remotely justifiable for people to pass judgement without even speaking to you? Absolutely not.

You see, one thing in life and in forward progress, is, you have to realize you're doing something for yourself. Although you may take pessimism and negativity from those around you, what does that truly do to you? How does it affect you? In reality, it shouldn't. Why? Cause you're your own person, you live your own life. You breathe your own oxygen, move your own legs, and control (although sometimes uncontrollable) your own emotions. You choose where you place your heart, your thoughts, your passions; No one else.

Don't let others peoples outlook on their pessimistic life bring yours down. If you surround yourself with people who are constantly pouting and complaining, it's practically impossible to move forward. Change your surroundings if you need more optimism, do something or prioritize some of your time with a hobby, enjoy yourself.

I've been going through a lot of rough in my life recently, from heart break and career changes, to family and friend issues.. one thing I always counted on, one thing I knew that would always be there.. was me. And only me.

Close your eyes.. Block your ears.. Don't see anything, don't hear anything.. Be alone, and don't acknowledge anything.

What's the ONE thing you hear? The one thing you know?

You're still there. You can hear yourself.

That's all you need. You don't need to be accepted by anyone except yourself.

6. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

they've already accepted you. now they're trying to build a relationship/friendship with you. it's a two way street. you have to do the same. if you don't that's when they won't bother with you anymore because they'll feel as if they are the ones being ignored or that you don't really want to be their friends.

7. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Step one: Go out and purchase "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and read it, now. You are Charlie. I know this because I am Charlie too.

As long as you are being honest with honest people and mature people, there is no way they can look down on you. If you're being honest to immature people or people in denial, they could look down on you because of their own personal failures. This doesn't mean, "go out and tell them everything," this just means to be true to yourself and let that show in your actions and words.

You're negativity and paranoia is astounding. You find the possible bad outcome and focus on it. Ask yourself, what if it's actually the good outcome? What if they really do like you? That means that you'll have to continue feeling good, being good, doing good. This means you can no longer take pleasure in your self-induced misery, and that very thought chills you to the core.

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of seeing a new whining thread by you every other day. Every thread is the same. You bitch and moan, everybody comes in and tells you the same thing, and then you just ignore it.

I think that the mods should just start locking your threads and keep you confined to one big whiney thread.

It'd be different if you didn't argue with everybody who gave you advice or get angry with them. But you dont' WANT to change. You don't. You want the world to change to suit you and that is a miserable fucking place to be.

9. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

Viper he is entitled to make as many threads as he wants. Some people need to ask a lot of questions before they actually make a jump. But I will agree that if he consistently back hands people a lock will not be necessary because no one will even come into the threads he makes.

10. Doc Love

Doc Love Guest

You need therapy.

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That was exactly what I said. You are agreeing with me.

12. SpectreMatrix

SpectreMatrix New Member

up till the point of locking threads etc etc.