is a wet/dry vaccum, a brush, and some carpet cleaner

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by gandhibrokemyskates, Nov 17, 2004.

1. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

solution or woolight/water, good enough to clean carpets? :o :o i've never done it. i don't have carpet in my car! hahahahhaha. :o

so will it work?

2. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

yeah but for really soiled carpets you may need to use an extractor. I think most people have a dirty carpets in general. So i use either a mild degreaser w/ a terry cloth towel or ill use a carpet stain remove like Folex. I dont use a brush cause sometimes that just pushes dirt into the carpet. You can use it but lightly, but what ever works for you. So to answer your ? yes its fine.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

What Jay said. Don't use a brush for spotting (spray and blot) but you will need to use one for scrubbing when shampooing. You may also want to make up a bottle of plain water to spray after shampooing then wetvac up to rinse out any remaining soap.

4. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

hmm, werd. i'll have to try this out on my brothers car.

5. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

spray the carpet cleaner on the carpet then w/ the white terry cloth towel kind of wrap it around your fist then go over the carpet and it will start turning brown, trust me it works wonders then go ahead and shop vac what ever dirt comes up. then

6. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

Do you plan on doing this for a living? or just for your car/friends? if its the first one get a hot water extractor if its just for yourself then you should be fine with that the guys above me said.