Is a steak dinner too much for a first date?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by LowkeyG, Mar 3, 2007.

1. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

Girl from class, talked to her twice a week this whole term, asked her on a date which she couldn't make, but then she sat closer to me and said hello and bye every day...

Told her where I was going last weekend and said she should come, she didn't.

Last week, she made a point of asking me what I was doing this weekend and asked for my number, so I expect a call tonight.

She likes red whine, I figured going out for steak and red wine would be good, but maybe thats a bit heavy for a first date :dunno:

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

That's quite a nice dinner for a girl who has blown you off twice...:ugh:

3. Limited Edition

Limited Edition New Member

Stop trying to impress her you'll come off as desperate, needy and seeking her approval. Save that wine and dine for when you're married.

Friends say Hi, Bye and ask about your weekend plans. Doesn't mean they want to sleep with you.

She already blew you off twice probably a third when she doesn't call. A woman that's interested would make it a point to show up.

4. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

A nice steak dinner and wine sounds kind of formal to me (okay, I'm old fashioned). Something that you'd plan in advance. If you're playing her back up and expecting a call, I'd be thinking more just meeting for drinks, maybe appetizers some place.

5. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

The girl wants me, this is not up for debate. The context the previous things happen tell me that. My only reason for mentioning anything else was to show that we are very casual in communications prior to this.

She's a classier girl and I know she likes wine... maybe going out for drinks is better...

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

It's up for debate, it appears you are too blind to realize it. She bailed out on you twice already, if she wanted your nuts she would have shown up to at least once.

7. Reign

Reign Banned

Maybe going out to a moderately priced Greek or French food is better if she likes wine and is classy. You probably couldn't go wrong with Italian either since everyone likes it, only problem is don't eat something with a lot of garlic if you plan on trying to kiss her.

8. strik9

strik9 Verbing weirds language.

i love how people think these things work

how do you know she isn't playing games trying not to like the desperate skeezer you all expect girls to be????
    how do you know a good friend didn't have something more important for them to do??
    how do you know if she procrastinated on school work so couldn't go out???

getting blown off twice is no big deal, i blow girls off that i like multiple times because of situations

9. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

I think I'm going to just do some appetizers and wine when we go out later

10. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

The first "blow off" happened because I asked her blatantly what she was doing the next night without asking her to come out just with me.... She told me where she was going but I didn't go... hell in retrospect I probably blew her off

The second one was as I was leaving class I told her she should come to a particular club I was going to... she looked to seriously consider it and said she would be downtown that night and would probably come.... the whole conversation lasted 20 seconds, and I didn't give much of a chance that she would actually go....

then this week she came directly up to me, asked me what my plans were for the weekend and gave me the "I don't have your number" move....

Either way I can't stand when the blind try to lead the blind.... You will never get laid if you give up on somebody because things didn't work out twice.... :rolleyes:

btw.. she did call, and we're going out after 9...

11. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I honestly had my first steak dinner with my bf about a year ago, and we have been together for 3.

For me I wouldnt choose steak the first time I went out with a guy, its expensive. Even if he chooses steak i will get something else, especially if he is footing the bill.

12. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I think it is.

13. Dysphasic

Dysphasic Ugly Bass Player

take her to Arbys

14. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

I didn't think most girls go for steak... it's pretty heavy even for me. Take her someplace unique, but that you already know is good. You'll appear cultured :nx:

15. thatshot2

thatshot2 -:-

honestly, buying a girl an expensive dinner will only prove that she wants you for your money. and for the first date, steak dinner is a bit too much, i feel.

16. mbshoem

mbshoem New Member

Steak dinner maybe to much but who are we to judge. I say go for it full force, but do NOT ne dissapointed if you get blown off again. I always go for what i want(ed) even if I didn't get it. That way of thought gets you far as long as you are willing to accept dissapointment.. Hope it helps.

17. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

QFT.

18. quamen

quamen New Member

Hold up man lets start over. instead of her ass calling you, you should have asked for her number or email to start off with. You are already making yourself bad by having to wait around for her to call you, for her to go out on a date with you, at HER CONVIENCE. BS!!! You should have gotten her number or email and then called her to set up a coffee date or something else, STEAK WTF!!! Any girl who im buying a steak for better well be worth it and i better be into. I rather quickly rule out the girls i have no intrest in and not waste my money or time on the first day. Something quick and cheap to evaluate her and make sure she meets my expectations that i will actually spend time or money on her. I would move on for the win,because you already losted trust me. She likes wine, i would have said i do to, bring a bottle with you. Also you said you should come, that is something alot of people say,but that is not in stone. So it isnt really like she blew you off, you gave her a suggestion but maybe she found something else she would rather be doing whiich is obvious. Dont stress over all this little shit because there are millions of bitches out there,and not one of them no matter how good looking they are, or nice to you, deserves any special attention unless you believe they are worth it,and guess what.. most of them are not.

19. boulderist

boulderist []D [] []\\//[] []D

My first "date" with my current GF was a meet-up in las vegas. It was a LDR as well.

It went *great*

20. pereza

pereza OT Supporter

I would just hit up Fridays or something like that, and sit in the bar section where more youger people hang out at.

21. Limited Edition

Limited Edition New Member

In for update, it's been a month.

22. gabacho numero uno

gabacho numero uno New Member

I guess its a bit late to say this now, but, why not just go for coffee? :dunno:

23. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Sitting around talking is fucking boring.

24. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

So what you're saying is, she's a blood-sucking whiny bitch, eh? Dump her before you pick her up.

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter