COMIC is 52 worth getting into?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sock, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Sock

Sock New Member

I dont read too much of the DC universe normally (too much fucked up continuity, way too many universes and books are way too inconsistant in terms of quality). I heard a few good things about the 52 storyline, but its DC... If I can get all of them for free, is it worth the time to read them?

2. boomdaddy246

boomdaddy246 New Member

It's a great series to get into. I read the whole thing in 3 days, it was that good. If anyone can post somewhere I can upload the file, I'll be happy to share.

It's great b/c the characters are like a breath of fresh air. They aren't "Marquee" superheroes, which may make it a little harder to get into, but I think it pays off. Hell, I had boycotted DC forever, but now there's like 2-3 DC books on my pull list every week.

The World War 3 crossover was cool b/c I've become a huge Martian Manhunter fan, and he's pretty much the main character of that little series. But Booster Gold is cool, and Black Adam ends up being an incredible bad ass. Their storylines I think are the best in the series. The Lobo run, and the stuff with The Question rate a close second. I didn't really care for Ralph Dibny.

3. float

float New Member

it's not worth it... horrible ending

4. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

only DC comic worth reading was hitman

5. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

Stay away from it. I bought them all and am thinking about selling them as a set to some sucker. It's the reason they can kiss my ass if they think I'm buying countdown.

I'm with the original poster here too- DC continuity takes the fun out of reading the books. I prefer Marvel almost exclusively. I do kind of like Superman/Batman though.

6. Sock

Sock New Member

yeah... sounds like something Ill avoid wasting my time on. especially if its just going to pawn me off on another series. I think Ill spend my time on a better comic then

7. 0wn3d_productivity

0wn3d_productivity OT Supporter

And your money. After reading all 52 issues, I still have less than a solid idea of what the fuck was going on.