IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Blue Screen error

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by hoglund53, Jan 10, 2004.

1. hoglund53

hoglund53 New Member

I've gotten a couple blue screens in the past, seemingly randomly, but this one is the only one I can reproduce and is stopping me from playing a game. I installed "Mafia" and ran it fine the first couple times I played it. Now, whenever I go into the game, and start playing it, about 5 seconds later, I get a Blue Screen, with the message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and it does a memory dump.

Is there any way to tell what is causing this error, or how to fix it? I installed SP1 on XP, but it was no help.

2. 01000101

01000101 New Member

i used to get that all the time after i shut down.. everything would go off, windows would close, then right before the fans were to kick off, id get that, and the only way to finish shutting down my computer was to hold the power in.

we looked around on google for it when it first started, and i seem to remember it being something about my logitech mouse, you might try downloading those drivers.

just a word of warning, mine didnt go away till i reinstalled xp =(

hope you have better luck

3. Jericho

Jericho Active Member

I used to get that anytime I disconnected my logitech webcam while the logitech software was running. I just re-installed everything.