MMA Iron Ring on BET

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by 4bangin, Apr 23, 2008.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Anyone watch it? I never heard of it until just now. I was watching Next Friday and they flashed a preview for tonights episode. Looks pretty lame but hey, we all watch TUF, too.

Combat sports just got tougher. From the creator of “Ultimate Fighting Challenge” – one of the most successful new sports formats in entertainment – comes “IRON RING,” a show that introduces “new jack” celebrities from music, sports and Hollywood to the most dangerous fighters in the world.

The hard-hitting sport of Ultimate Fighting takes on a whole new flavor as these celebrity-managed human gladiators battle it out on BET.

Tune in Tuesday, March 18, at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) for the network premiere.

An all-star line-up of celebrities, including Ludacris, Juelz Santana, Lil Jon, Nelly and Floyd Mayweather, will manage teams of fighters in the best mixed martial arts match-ups on television.

From a steel ring above the arena, the celebrity “owners” will interact with their gladiators between rounds – and sometimes right in the middle of them. Each week, as top competitors enter the battle zone to face off, using the combined techniques of jiu-jitsu, judo, karate, boxing, kickboxing and wrestling, viewers will witness true-to-life, bone-crushing, face-smashing sports entertainment unlike anything ever seen before. Only the strong will survive!

2. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

the couple of shows I saw gave me the impression that the contenders were not at a pro level at all. Seemed like the trainers were not really legit trainers.. felt like a tough man type mma. Shonie Carter is a coach for one of the teams though.

3. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i saw an episode where a 300lb black man was beating up on a jacked 280 lbs black man and it looked like a club fight. If black people ever get into mma we're all screwed

4. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

why?? It's a 'rich' sport though... It costs ALOT of money to properly train. but once the knowledge is transfered down and the sport becomes a way to rise up out of the ghetto we'll see alot more of the inner-city/third-world kids start devoting their lives to MMA and doing well.

6. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

they are just huge and explosive and their punches probably hurt 10 times more than a white guy

7. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

:rofl: I want Ludacris to be my trainer. I need more rhythm when when I breath out.

8. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Yeah cause Ludacris is sooo freshhh....

9. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

jucao is one of the refs on the show. they never mention him or anything, but u can see him reffing the atlanta fights.

10. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

this shit show is still on? I'd rather watch WCL

11. Diabolist

Diabolist New Member

id rather watch ants fuck

12. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

I've watched every ep.

Its no bad if you can get past most of the trainers and the head guy talkin about grappling being pussy.

Mayweather is a owner and trainer. Haven't seen any of his guys fight yet.

13. jse3101

jse3101 New Member

some dude was doing a guillotine on his opponent in the show and you can hear T.I. screamin "watch for the triangle! watch for the triangle!"

14. GeeGee

GeeGee New Member

This show is worth watching even if only for the comedic value.

"Enough of that romance grappling stuff !" lolz.
    The last episode I got.. some dude broke his ankle sparring and was being taken to the hospital and his coach, who was a fat karate/ninja/fag was talking wild shit to him about being a pussy. It was great.

15. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

I gave it a chance but now I see it for the train wreck it is. I'm starting to get angry from the blatant ignorance and racism.

16. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

its so bad.

I'm pretty sure I heard one of the rappers claim to be, or being purported by the announcer to be the "inventer of the guillotine" and him saying "that's my move yo."

Really?

REALLY?
    :ugh: