MIL Iraq/Afghanistan Deployments v.carepackages

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ranger-AO, May 25, 2005.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I have two sons in Iraq now. One in the Air Force, and one in the Army. If you've been deployed to Iraq and/or Afghanistan - or if you have some ideas - how about giving me some ideas for care package items to send them. Stuff like "this should go in every single package" as well as "send this in the summer and this in the winter".

C'mon - gimme some ideas! :x:

2. perry

perry burp

I sent a couple care packages to a friend.. He wanted some jelly because he could get peanut butter and bread, but no jelly wherever he was at. He was craving a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. He said he didn't have a way to refrigerate stuff and all the stuff at the store said to refrigerate after opening. So I went to McDonald's and asked the manager if I could buy some of those packets of jelly for my friend in Iraq. She came out with like 50 of those little packets and gave em to me for free :)

3. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

i got packages from my church. like 15 boxes of hygene stuff. everything you could name. i gave all of it away to my company. now apparently im the guy to go to when someone needs something.

4. itsnick

itsnick Guest

Slim Jims. When I get them, it's the first thing gone. Everything else I like random. Sometimes you don't know what you're in the mood for until you get it. I would suggest find out what they don't like instead and avoid sending that.

I would ask them what they have access to at their PX (if it's available).

5. itsnick

itsnick Guest

During OIF1 everyone and their cats sent hygiene products. Towards the end of the deployment, right before we head down to Kuwait, we all gathered our shit together in a tough box and chucked it on the side of the round at the MSR Tampa intersection.

I'm all about giving to the needy.:bigthumb:

6. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

don't send the basic stuff like magazines and candy bars, my friends hate that shit cus they get it all the time...:rofl:

you should send them a magazine of the latest "Grizzly Man" or something:mamoru:

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:bowrofl:

8. pakman

pakman New Member

How about some healthy snacks? I always get sent snacks packed with sugar and calories, kind of puts a damper on my workout regime, can't really resist eating them.

9. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

Don't send chocolate.