GUN ipsc crew - Gear placement on belt for Production division?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Jun 26, 2009.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I know that you can't have your guns or mags forward of the hip bone but is that ever or just after signal start? The reason I ask is because, the way I have it setup now, my initial mag pouch is forward of my gun at about 11 o'clock but that mag would not be there after signal start, obviously.

Do I need to move it? Here are a few pics of the setup.

and yes, i know my mag pouches are backwards. i've since corrected the issue. :o

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Appendix E3 rule in the current version of the rules, which applies in Production, states that the gun, holster, and all equipment must be behind the hip bone. I'd take that to mean even if there's not a mag in the mag pouch, the pouch itself is still "equipment" and would have to be behind the hip bone. In that light, it doesn't matter if this rule is in effect before or after the start signal since the mag pouch would be violating it all the time.

3. Camp OTE

Camp OTE New Member

Remember that your not always starting with gun loaded and holstered.

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

MG is correct.

Mag pouch is defined in the glossary as "allied equipment" and is therefore subject to Appendix E3.

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Valid points. Thanks guys.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Keep initial mag in back pocket.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

This is what I do, except I put the magazine in my pocket with the base pad first, open end sticking up. I've had pieces of paper and lint end up in the magazine from my pocket and that's not good.

first thing first, reverse the pouch bodies, and keep all 5 on one side. When you go to LAMR, just grab your furthest magazine.

8. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Fixed.. Sorry, I could concentrate with everything backwards :o
    [​IMG]

9. You could also just put all the magazines on one side, and then just use the rear-most one to load your gun initially.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I'm probably going to put the 5 on one side and keep those on belt and load the start mag either from SOB or pocket like yar suggested.

11. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

*couldn't....fucking typos:hsughr:

13. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I fucking suck, but, why are those backwards and how would you flip them?

14. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I guess I will find out in a sec

brb buying WSM2 rig

15. AB13

AB13 New Member

When I said backwards, I was referring to the mag pouches. He's a southpaw, so he has to reverse the pouches. The pouches have a hole on both sides of the pouch, lefties have to revers it.

You have to get it so that the "index finger slot" is pointed forward. This is so when you go to grab your magazine, you have a slot for your index finger.

Here is my Open Div set up, notice how the "slot" on my pouches faces forward, that way when I go to grab the mag, I can lay my index finger along the front strap of the magazine which is how you are suppose to do reloads.

[​IMG]

16. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Oh okay

Yeah, I get that. I just met Angus Hobdell.

He is fucking cool.

17. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

as i stated in the first post, i did flip them after i noticed they were backwards. :o :o

18. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

I have never felt so fucking dumb in my life.

I find myself asking 'where are the instructions for this fucking belt'

19. AB13

AB13 New Member

What are you trying to do?

20. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Okay, I kinda figured it out. I didn't know which was the inner/outer belt (it came apart in the packaging or something), but I figured that out, and now I got things working OK now.

I don't really know how exactly I put them together (I mean, I know how, but, what the optimal way is) or what the CR Speed logo'd wrap does and where it goes etc etc

21. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Also, I used the USPSA spacer on the WSM2...is there any way to keep it from canting inward towards the muzzle end?

22. AB13

AB13 New Member

okay, how you wear your OUTER belt depends on what division you are shooting. For Limited/L10/Open, I like putting my "Outer" belt so that the "ends" are to my back, almost directly behind my back.

This is so it gives me maximum real estate for my mag pouches that will go up front, and my holster that is usually forward of my hip bone.

For Production/Single Stack, the opposite is true, because I cannot place a mag pouch or holster forward of my hip bone, the back part of the belt is where I need space so I put the ends of my belts go up front.

The inner belt is always the same, strung through my pants, and as tight as is comfortable. The CR "tie" goes over BOTH the outer and inner over the "ends". This just keep everything from peeling off, though I sometimes don't use it, mostly because I lose it.

get it?

23. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

yeah you have to do some adjustment on your rig. This is how I like mine set up.

[​IMG]

First I like to have the belt wrap from front to back. This way I can place stuff anywhere along the front of the belt and the part where they overlapp does not interfer. Pistol guys and do it either way sich as AB13 has his wrap back to front. If your a 3 gun guy you need all the front belt space for shotgun shells, rifle mags, etc. The belt keeper is important don't lose it. It wraps around holding everything together so a over loaded belt (again 3 gun thing) does not drop or sag.

I like my go to mag right by my belly button canted at an angle. I hit it with my hand with a strait wrist. It's where my hand naturally falls so my first mag change is instintive. If I'm going for my second mag for my second reload my hand would naturally sweep back until it hit the 2nd mag. I don't need to look for my mags because it is set up where if I just drop my hand, there it is.

As far as holsters I like the gun with some forward cant if I'm using a race holster. I like the back strap to be parallel with the belt. If your running a more standard open top kydex holster then you should pretty much run the gun strait up and down.

24. AB13

AB13 New Member

how I rolls...

25. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

fuuuuuu

all this knowledge

hold on