Ipod Video or Satellite Radio?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IceMurder, Jan 3, 2006.

1. IceMurder

IceMurder Guest

2. nugzalot

nugzalot OT Supporter

The S50 kinda sucks. Read some reviews on it before you buy. Plus you only get streaming radio when its on the dock, not when you are walking around. I was hearing some things about ghey copywrite protections as well. Just get a cheapo car unit for your car, there is a 50 dollar rebate on them now so you can get free - almost free.

I was debating on the ipod or the sirius, but I only listen to music at home or in the car, so having an ipod wasn't really a choice for me.

3. Justin Niggalake

Justin Niggalake New Member

i'd go with the ipod. i like being in control and picking every single song rather than having someone choose music for me

4. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

Having both an iPod (my daughters actually) and XM satellite radio, I would choose an iPod. Sure, the XM is nice, but as stated above, the ability to program your entire playlist to your liking is a real bonus.

much of the time, I find myself listening to songs that suck, or changing the station with XM. iPod = no changing the channel looking for a song I like.

5. ///M

///M New Member

if you are open to other options, creative has the zen vision : M coming out any day now. in many tests, it pwns the ipod, as far as battery life, video playback, and audio quality is concerned. check out www.dapreview.com for more info