ipod touch problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by REDandBLACKpack, Dec 12, 2007.

1. REDandBLACKpack

REDandBLACKpack Active Member

I am on my second 16GB ipod touch. The first one I bought from circuit city and returned it within 7 days because it would play music and than randomly stop and go back to the main screen. They did not have a problem with it and were willing to replace it but they did not have in the store so thy refunded me. I then went to the walmart next door and purchased another 16 GB ipod touch. I did not buy walmart's warranty. It has been 20 days since my purchase and the ipod is doing the same thing again. I went back to walmart but they would not let me even exchange it since it has been past 15 days.

Can I take it back to an apple store and have it replaced or my money refunded?

Is this a normal problem with the touch? Is there anyway to fix it or any plans to fix it?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Bring it to the Apple store and talk to them about it. They should be able to help you out.

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

Yes take it to apple, they'll take care of you. It has a year warranty from apple I believe.

Are you sure it isn't one album or one song thats corrupted in your library causing it to crash? long shot, but you never know. seems kind of odd its happened to 2 different iPods.

also, is your firmware up to date?

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I'd go with a bad MP3. I had one in my collection for a number of years that was bad. It skipped. Whenever you'd come to the end of this Offspring song it would skip non-stop and you'd have to manually goto the next track. This happened on several machines (Macs and PCs) and on my iPod. Never realized an MP3 could do that until I had that track. Finally stopped being lazy and deleted it.

5. REDandBLACKpack

REDandBLACKpack Active Member

no its just random songs. i had corrupted music on my itunes library when i first got the ipod and it would start syncing up to a certain point and stop but that is fixed now. I read on some other sites that maybe restarting it would help so I did that and I have it on shuffle right now to see if it will do it again. I believe my firmware is up to date. If it happens again I will go to apple. Thanks for the help.