iPod Touch - General Questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by unorthadox, Jul 25, 2008.

1. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Hi All,

So I'll be getting a MBP with an iPod under the education program. One thing I was wondering is is it worth it to keep the Touch? I was planning on selling it (they're currently fetching about 230 on ebay) to fund part of the MBP or some bar nights - but after realizing that it has maps, websurfing, music/video, and even mail and excel I was thinking of keeping it.

I am currently going into my last semester for business at university and in January will be working full time (hopefully). With that in mind, I was thinking the iPod touch might be a good asset to have to keep me in touch with the office - however, the touch screen keyboard looks god aweful!

What are the merits of a free iPod touch vs a blackberry? I know, bb's are the shit business wise, but they cost a ton - and I won't neccessarily need one as I'll be a junior at the firm.

So.. for anyone that has a Touch or is getting one; are the benefits of it worth keeping? I have an ipod already that could hold my music so that's a non issue. The only thing I was thinking was maps/mail/websurfing wise would this free Touch work well? Instead of getting a GPS device I could just use this? Or will maps not work in the city unless it has a wireless connection.

Thanks!

Jeff

2. dooks88

dooks88 need some bat wings

The touch must be connected to wireless to use mail, maps, etc. Just sell it and buy an iphone/blackberry. It would suit you better for what you are looking for.

3. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

ipod touch does not have a built in gps

4. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

Ok thanks, good to know. What would be the best site/place to sell it at? I'm thinking eBay, craigslist, but are there any other better ones? I expect there to be a bit of a market for these since normally the education deals are quite popular, any ideas on how to market it as something more?

Thanks for the responses though : )

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

my gf sold her used 8gb ipod touch for 200 on CL within like 30 minutes.