ipod most likely busted

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rnikec, Sep 4, 2007.

1. rnikec

rnikec JINGMAO

So the other day i traded my 20g ipod video for a 2g ipod nano for my brother since hes going to college(He has way more music then i do). The same day i upload my music and go to a party.
    I docked my nano in my friends bose speaker for ipods. And as the party went on, It unfortunatly turned out into a water balloon fight.
    Thus leading the my problem, My ipod is currently busted and is showing the sad ipod face that tells me to go to there support site. When i touched my ipod it gave off a REALLY hot feel to it and almost felt like it was frying in it.
    Later that night I go home after hookah and put it in a bowl of rice. (didnt blowdry because it was already hot like fire.) The next morning I hook it up to my comp to see how it is. Unfortunatly it restarts and gives me a glimpse of the sad ipod icon for a split second, then restarts itself.

My question is "Is my ipod done for?" I just got it from my bro and now im gonna be pissed since i cant take my 20g back. I made a appointment to get it checked on via the mac website.

Spoilers: My nano 2g got wet from douchebags and is giving the sad ipod icon. When it got wet i felt a really warm feeling from it. ( almost as if it were frying up) Is my ipod done for?

2. rnikec

rnikec JINGMAO

bump. this happen to anyone else?

3. sony

sony Active Member

Your first mistake was trying to turn it on right after it got wet. Then you put it into a bowl of rice? :wtf:

Your best bet is to let it dry out completely and see if it works. :dunno:

4. sirreal

sirreal Unblockable OT Supporter

Look for the iPod thread in the EDU Archive

5. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

A bowl of dry rice to suck out the moisture! Duh!

6. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

I thought the rice had a made in Chine connection somehow!