Ipod Mini purchased 20 days ago, how to get 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vurb, Feb 24, 2005.

1. vurb

vurb OT Supporter

I went to the Apple store 20 days ago (Feb 4) and purchased an Ipod Mini. Before purchasing I asked them if a new one was coming out anytime soon. They said no. Now today, they release a new one. :wtc: What is the best way for me to go about winding up with a new model for the least/no cost?

Note: the battery life on mine is horrible and gets 2 hours tops, and about 1 hour using an itrip. Should I go the "defective battery" route and try to get them to send me a 2nd gen?

Their return policy is 14 days + 10% restocking fee (which I could deal with).

What to do? :sadwavey:

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

I posted an answer in the other thread you asked this in.

3. vurb

vurb OT Supporter

Thanks. Can anyone tell me how much battery life I should get out of my ipod mini (realistically)? I'd think at least 4-6hrs if apple says 8... Anyway I have the backlight set to 5 seconds. I use it connected to the car stereo via a tape adapter to and from work. The trip is about 20 minutes each way. After 3 or 4 days it's out of batteries, so that's only 160 minutes (2.6hrs) right there.. I'm going to fully charge it and then let it play through until it dies and see how long it goes and then give apple a call.