Ipod Mini Help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sHiFtY, Dec 23, 2004.

1. sHiFtY

sHiFtY New Member

Hello, I recently purchased an ipod mini and currently have a PC. In around 3 weeks I'll be buying an imac g5 and will no longer have the PC.

My question is will I be able to use the ipod on the PC and then also on the mac? Or does it set itself to the one computer the first time you use it?

And if I put songs on the ipod from the PC, can I remove these songs from or add them onto the mac? I heard there was some 3rd party app that allows you to do this but i'm unsure.

Another question, worth getting an Ipod mini skin? I know the normal ipods scratch quite easily but dunno bout the mini.

Thanks.

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

iTunes is the standard for both PC and Mac when using the iPod. If you formatted the iPod for the PC, it will work fine when syncing with the Mac. The only problem would be if you had formatted for the Mac and now try to sync with the PC. So you should be fine. The new iMac G5 will come with iTunes already and you will be able to do all your transfering of music with that program. BTW, iTunes is smooth as silk on the Mac OS X vs. the PC. You will enjoy it much more. ;)

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

aye... iTunes on the PC has a fair number of bugs, but it's pretty much flawless on the mac.

There are just enough problems on the PC to make it frustrating.

4. sHiFtY

sHiFtY New Member

So i can transfer songs from PC to the Mac?

5. xxxgames12

xxxgames12 Guest

I tunes will not let you import from your ipod (or so i think) so you will have to use the back way; When you plug in your ipod on your pc it should show up as a "removable disk drive". Open that file folder and copy all the songs into a new folder on your desktop, and import all of those songs into itunes. :)