iPod mini charging question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 95ACEX, Oct 10, 2005.

1. 95ACEX

95ACEX Texas is the reason

I bought an iPod mini off of ebay and it didnt come with the directions. I plugged it into the cradle and for the past 2 hours it has been flashing the "slash circle" icon while saying do not disconnect. The battery is also filling up then emptying, then repeating itself. Is this the normal charging screen? What will happen if I disconnect it, and how long does charging take? Thanks in advance.

2. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

That should be the normal charging screen when it is connected to the computer. When it is connected to the AC adapter it shows a blown up version of the smaller battery meter on the top right. You could risk screwing up the hard drive without fully ejecting it from your computer. Full charge should be atleast 4 hours if using an AC adapter, but since you're charging by a computer, it will take a bit longer.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

If you only want to charge it, you should disconnect it from the machine using the safely remove hardware icon near the clock.

4. 95ACEX

95ACEX Texas is the reason

thank you

5. Dave_Ellis

Dave_Ellis Very Impotent Person

Letting it charge whilst on the Do Not Disco sign isn't good since it keeps the HDD spinning making heat (It can get pretty warm) But once you eject the ipod you can leave it charging on the cradle as cm said.