IPOD Issue....Transferring Music

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Project X, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Project X

Project X New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    I am having some trouble transferring music on to my IPOD from my harddrive. The instructions do not seem that clear. So far I have installed my firewire card and installed the iTunes software onto my computer. I also imported all of my music onto the iTunes library. When I had my IPOD plugged in I got this pop up box saying to reset/restore IPOD and I went ahead and did that and it was done successfully. After I had that done it just says Do Not Disconnect on the IPOD LCD. I dont see some of the icons they refer to on the instructions such as the IPOD icon and so forth.

Anyone able to tell me how to transfer music onto my IPOD, I just want the music files on there and I will worry about organizing the playlist later on.

2. GisMo

GisMo Guest

I had the same issue...long story short..I hate hate itunes. I found this program EphPod - http://www.ephpod.com/
    It works MUCH better than itunes. Its much easier and you don't have to worry about importing your library and all that b.s. and having itunes take over MP3s. Try it out. Let me know...you still might get that "Do no disconnect" but aslong as you save all changes to the iPod, and close the program, you can just uplug it, no problem.