Ipod is messed up

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DieselBoost410, Jul 19, 2005.

1. DieselBoost410

DieselBoost410 New Member

[I have a 20gb Ipod and bought it about 3 months ago. It worked fine until today during one of my workouts. It just froze and would not turn off. So after a few hours, it looks like it just drained the battery and I tried reconnecting it to my computer via the USB cable. It sounded like it tried to boot up, but nothing happened. The computer does not recognize it and says it has malfunctioned. Also, when I plug in the IPod to the computer, the only symbol that pops up on the Ipod screen is a battery with an exclamation mark. So, has anyone had this happen before?

2. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

www.ipodlounge.com

search the forums, i would wager you $10 that this problem is well documented there.

3. asshole

asshole dont eat yellow snow! OT Supporter

try and reset your ipod by holding play and menu for 10 seconds. it forces the ipod to restart.

4. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

I don't think it something that a restart can fix, i vaguely remember reading about the icon thing he described being a bigger problem than that.

5. DieselBoost410

DieselBoost410 New Member

This thing doesn't respond anymore basically. It isn't even rebooting when I plug it into the USB slot to connect to Itunes. I figured I would be able to reformat it on the computer, but nothing so far. I am taking it in for service. I am glad I bought the 3 year service plan now.