ipod crashing my pb

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by weazl, Sep 22, 2005.

1. weazl

weazl New Member

freakin out here.

specs:
    1.5 g4 pb
    itunes 5
    G3 ipod

I was trying to use the Griffin itrip and italk. I plugged the italk in and used it. I then installed the disk for the itrip. When i connected the ipod to sync with itunes I get an error message that says that my computer cannot recognize any volumes on the attached drive. I get a choice to either "initialize" which opens disk utility, or to "ignore" which makes my comp just ignore the drive. If i initialize, it opens disk utility which attempts to scan the drive at which point the computer completely freezes. no mouse movement or caps lock light.
    nothing seems to wrong with the ipod, i can still use it to listen to music and use the italk to record and playback.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind formatting my ipod. Suggestions????

2. When did this start? Was the iPod formatted for a PC? Have you tried deleteing everything and restoring your iPod to factory settings?

3. weazl

weazl New Member

started last night after attempting to get the italk and itrip to work. always been formatted for mac. how would i go about deleting everything if i can' t access it from my pb??