iPod and Laptop questions!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by myz, Nov 25, 2004.

1. myz

myz New Member

Laptop and iPod questions -

Laptop - Thinking about buying a mac laptop for Christmas. I've looked at the apple site and I see no major difference in the iBookG4/PowerbookG4 other than screen size, little bit of a bigger HD, and the processor is 133MHZ faster with the Powerbook. Anyway what else is different? I'm not big on gaming so what other issues are there that are negative compared to a PC? My parents are getting it for me and do not want to go over $1200. Can I get a good laptop for under $1200?

iPod - I'm not really interested in the picture feature of the iPodPhoto but I do want an adequate amount of space. Would I be better off going with the regular iPod or what?

I haven't used a Mac since 1994 though I've played around with OSX before and it seems nice. Thanks for all the help.

I'm not a graphics designer or anything like that. I probably won't be doing any home movies. Mostly used for downloading/Emailing/Web Surfing/ Watching DVDS

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

the powerbook comes with the higher options that the iBook has. i just got my powerbook in yesterday and i'm in love. i'd take the alumnium over the white plastic any day. you might be able to get a powerbook for close to $1200 if you use the student developer discount (see the thread in this forum about how to save money on macs). as far as the iPod goes, imo, i think the photo option is just a waste of money unless you just go around showing pictures to people all the time.

3. Error

Error ¿ti†le øut-of_order

I've been pimping my 1.5ghz SD Powerbook 15 since May, and I'll never part with it. It's almost never off anymore. Everything about it has been perfect :big grin:

4. NCTRNL

NCTRNL New Member

I've had my 15" PB since September and I am in love...:wiggle:

5. DrCarlo

DrCarlo Its not that im lazy, its just that I dont care.

Just got my self a ipod 40g.. oh man this thing rocks.

I can pritty much store my whole CD collection on this thing. I will put my cds in storage!

6. Fubar

Fubar OT Supporter

While Powerbooks are clearly the superior laptops of Apples line, the iBook, imho, is perfect for your needs. I would just make sure to bump up the RAM to atleast 512MB.