Iphone "plug-in" fix?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by forango, Sep 23, 2008.

1. forango

forango New Member

I recently got an Iphone(first gen), and am running into the constant issue of getting the annoying little blue box with the question mark when trying to view videos and such online. ...A buddy of mien has a Mac hoem computer and said he fixed that issue with a program called "Flip4Mac"...is there a similiar fix program for the Iphone?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

That's because you are trying to view Flash content and the iPhone doesn't currently support Flash. Nothing you can do at this point.

3. forango

forango New Member

ok thanks

4. _Trev_

_Trev_ Ya gotta pay the troll toll... OT Supporter

Steve claims that flash is "useless" for a mobile platform at this point :rolleyes:

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

And the current versions of Flash are. They need one made specifically for the iPhone. In addition, I have yet to come along a single site where I really needed Flash while on my phone. Flash is becoming less and less useful as time goes on.

6. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

Weasel, that just seems like being too much of an Apple apologist :o

Fact is, there are LOTS of sites out there that optimize flash and iPhone Safari should have it if it wants to tout itself as a true browser

7. _Trev_

_Trev_ Ya gotta pay the troll toll... OT Supporter

I use flash on my N95 at least twice a week :hsugh:

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I guess. They just better have an option to turn Flash off. The majority of Flash you see on websites is banner adds and crap like that. It'd put a bit more of a drain on the battery loading all of them and then you'd have even more people crying about how long the battery lasts.