iPhone Help v. weird passcode issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PnutButterFluff, Nov 12, 2009.

1. PnutButterFluff

PnutButterFluff New Member

So I have a 3Gs 3.1.2 JB with Blackra1n RC3 not unlocked with an interesting new problem. Today when I was checking my work email that is through an exchange server it said I had to enter a new passcode to continue. I entered new passcode and checked my mail but now I cannot turn the passcode off or turn off auto lock and my passcode is alphanumeric not just numeric.

Is this something that my work email is making my phone do for securtiy or is this a weird theme side effect (currently using Glasklart).:dunno:

Weird new passcode screen:
    [​IMG]

Only options I now have for passcode and autolock in settings/general:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Any help appreciated.

2. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

Was this the first time you've used your phone to look at work emails? My phone has password prompt due to Activesync/Exchange.

3. Pepe

Pepe New Member

i always enter a passcode with my email (just anal like that) but i have never seen that prompt before. i would honestly recommend restoring and trying it for a day or so and see if it happens again. then rejailbreak (it's easy enough), and then try that out. could just be a glitch or it could be legit protection from your work. let us know what you find.

4. PnutButterFluff

PnutButterFluff New Member

No been using my phone to check work email for about four months now but read below for explanation...

Yeh I talked to my IT people and they just installed some new security protocol that forces you to passcode your phone. Makes sense but wish I had know so I didn't have this little freak out.:hs: