iphone clear skins

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by omgwtfbbqryan, Jun 9, 2009.

1. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

what's the best one? i wanna grab one for my (future) iphone 3gs

looked at best skins ever and invisibleshield... any one use either?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Bodyguardz > *

InvisibleShield has a couple issues. First they aren't a perfect fit. It doesn't cover about 1mm of the screen. Close but no cigar. Second it has a bumpy feel to it. This makes the screen look like crap if you hold it at any kind of an angle and it also makes it hard to swipe the finger across it cause your finger kinda sticks. Sure they replace the protector any time when you mail it back to them but Bodyguardz gives you 2 of them when you buy and will replace it just like InvisibleShield will.

Bodyguardz has the best fit from what I've found. I still have the original one on the screen of my 2G iPhone from when they launched over 2 years ago and it's still scratch free.

Plus you get 20% off on all future purchases when you order from Bodyguardz website. So your next iPhone cover or if you wanna get a MacBook Pro cover you get it cheaper.

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Screen protector only

4. omgwtfbbqryan

thank you... looks like ill go with this!

5. ov3n

ov3n Active Member

I keep my Invisibleshield pretty clean and it's glassy smooth. Fitment is pretty tight as well with just a hair of a gap going on. I applied it dead on center too cause I was anal about it and used to work in a vinyl shop.

6. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

you can get an invisible shield at best buy if you dont want to wait for them to ship it to you

7. MUDFISH

MUDFISH New Member

I got a BodyGuardz for my Touch before I had my phone, and it is still holding up fine... Actually my 3 year old uses is 3-4 times a week to watch his movies and play games, and its been dropped, had food spilled on it, and grimy fingers all over it, and it works great...

I recently got an invisible shield for my phone, and I like the feel of the BodyGuardz better...

8. attomica

attomica Active Member

Or, you could just be careful and not treat your iPhone in a way that would cause it to get scratched. I'm just a regular guy with a regular life where I have mine out and in use a lot, but I don't have a single scratch in the screen. Hell, there're barely any scratches on the chrome bezel. The kicker? I'm still using a 1G I bought new when they first came out.

Be a little careful and you won't have to worry about bulky, sticky shit attached to your iPhone to protect it. It amazes me that people invest so much in cases and protectors, not because they want to protect their iPhones, but because it's a fancy accessory.

Unencumbered iPhone FTMFW!

9. omgwtfbbqryan

if you knew anything about these skins, you would know they are not fancy accessories. the main focus of them is to protect your iphone without even being visible.

10. idmcore

idmcore New Member

True, but they never are really the same as using the real touchscreen glass. On top of that, the iPhone's digitizer glass is VERY scratch resistant. You're going to crack it before you scratch it. It's also interesting, I've repaired digitizers for a while and I have noticed that I get more phones with cases being the cause of a cracked/broken glass digitizer than the phone dropped alone.

That being said, I don't have any protectors/cases on my iPhone, I just do my best to treat it nicely.

my two cents.

11. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i have invisible shield on my itouch, works well but has a bumpy look to it on the surface when viewed from an angle. however it has taken i beating, i dont work about anything scratching it up anymore