iPhone backup problems

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by LudaMan, Jun 6, 2008.

1. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I've had my iPhone for about a year now, and I just purchased a macbook. My iPhone was synced with my PC, but since I transferred all my songs/videos/etc. to my mac, I've tried to sync my iPhone to my mac. The iPhone synced just fine, but when it says, "Backing up iPhone", it never stops, forcing me to cancel the sync every time. Any ideas on why this is happening?

2. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Sometimes when you're backing up/synching your iPhone and there is a conflict with your phone's calendar or address book and what is on your Mac, a window/prompt will pop up asking how you want to resolve the issue. If you miss it or click on the iTunes window, the prompt will go out of view behind the iTunes window. backing up/synching will not complete until you resolve it.
    Command-Tab will not bring up that prompt. Command-~ might bring it up again, but haven't tried that. Next time you synch, don't go clicking around any window until it fully synchs, and if any issues come up, it will let you know. I'm not sure if that's your problem, but just thought i'd throw it out there.

3. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Ill look around for a window, thanks. If I can't find one, I might just restore the phone from the mac.