iPhone Activating question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Feb 22, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

So I might finally grab my iPhone tomorrow. Problem is, my PowerBook is being repaired. So I'll have to activate it on my girlfriends Windows PC.

Will this cause any issues when I get my PowerBook back? Anything pain the ass with this situation that I should know about?

Another question, not sure if you guys can answer. I currently have me and my father on my Sprint account. I want to get him a free AT&T phone cause that's all he needs, but I've heard the local AT&T stores are out of iPhones. So I was going to buy it from the Apple store. Anyone know if I could still get a free phone by adding a line after activating my iPhone? Or should I find an AT&T store that has them instock?

2. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

1. I'm not sure but I don't think there's a problem with what your planning to do. You could always as apple itself for the answer.

2 your dad would get a regular phone not an iPhone for free.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

Uhhh...Duh.

Question is, if I buy an iPhone from the Apple store and setup an account, then go into an AT&T store, are they going to hassle me about a free phone when I add a line? OR would I be better off searching for an AT&T store with iPhones in stock and doing it all at once?

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

1) No it won't be a problem to use your iPhone with another machine after activating with your girlfriend's PC.

2) Yes you can get a free phone after activating your iPhone. You just login to your AT&T account online and there will be a big annoying banner on the right that offers a free phone when you add a line of service.

Looks something like this....
    [​IMG]

5. TALLandNcharge

TALLandNcharge New Member

:werd: No problems activating your iPhone on another computer. Apple just wants it activated. As far as the free phone, yeah just activate your iPhone first and then add a line from your account on AT&T's website. You will have more than one choice of free phones.

6. ROFLCORE

ROFLCORE Guest

You'll be fine activating it on any machine. Just don't synch anything.