IPB set up

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RotorBalls, Apr 25, 2005.

1. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

yeah probalby the wrong forum to post this, but hey...this is OT I live here and don't post on many other message boards regularly.

when attempting to install my board on the local host from
    http://localhost/forums/install/index.php

I get this error after clicking the red x at the bottom of the pic below (not sure why I'm getting no pics either):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forums\ips_kernel\class_db_mysql.php on line 117

[​IMG]

I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong here because I have no idea what the SQL DB name is or if I've created one or if this creates one. Note, that I have filled out all required feilds when I go to install from this page. Also I probably shouldn't use root but that's the only username I have for mysql right now.

Hope someone has some experience with this cuz I don't :o I tried to decipher the error on line 117 by editing the class_db_mysql.php but I'm not that good.

Server 2003, IPB v2.0.3., IIS 6.0 (yes I know Apache, bah), mysql 4.1.11, and php 5.04. PHP is working as my test page works. I probalby shouldn't have use the msi installer for mysql, but I didn't see anywhere advising against it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

php 5.x is your problem... stick with 4. 5 changes a LOT, and it consequently breaks many things. IPB is one of them.

3. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

alright I'll try and switch to an older version. Thanks for the sugestion...any idea on what to put in the sql database name feild though? Or am I creating the table at this point?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

5. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

awesome thanks. I just wasn't sure if IPB created the table spaces or not. Haven't used SQL for anything but Oracle before in class so this will be a nice refresher :big grin:

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

IPB will create the tables, but you must create the DB for it to use.

7. RotorBalls

RotorBalls Gonz

aaah yeah I read something about that along the way. But IPB doesn't really tell you how to create the DB since they assume you're going through a host. Gonna try all this now that I'm at home :bowdown: