iPad chargers cheap?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Slash, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Slash

Slash New Member

for my iPhone, I've used monoprice chargers forever and they are super cheap. However, Monoprice doesn't sell a 2.1a charger for the iPad yet. Does anyone? The cheapest ones I can find are 25 bucks or so.. total BS!

2. Slash

Slash New Member

nobody? Well i guess we just have to wait then!

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

You can spend $500 on something but not spend $25? :rofl:

4. Slash

Slash New Member

It's not that I can't afford $25. It's that a charger isn't worth $25. $5 or maybe $10. But not $25. My iPhone chargers are the same price at apple stores and are $1.58 on monoprice.

5. tenplanescrashing

I'm not rolling in dough, but $25 seems like a small price to pay if you need something. There is no prize for the amount of money you save in a lifetime. :dunno:

6. CodeX

CodeX Guest

:ugh:

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Gonna have to wait a while for the Chinese to knock off the new charger design and make a bunch of ripoff chargers.

8. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

All the knock off ones I see cause issues. Some have USB power over draw issues or they cause issues with charging.

9. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Buying any of the Chinese knockoffs is always risky. All the legit ones cost a decent amount because you have to pay Apple to use the dock connector.

10. tenplanescrashing

There are few knockoff items out there that I trust, and pretty much anything in the electronics industry is completely fail. Not all, but a lot.

It's like buying a AMG Mercedes and building your own intake from dryer hose, zip ties and duct tape.

11. Slash

Slash New Member

Chinese or not, the Monoprice iphone and mac chargers have never done me wrong. I've bought at least 20 of them for all my friends and to leave all the places I go and none of them have ever caused an issue. I'm sure there will be crappy ones, but thats why I read the reviews before i buy these things...

I guess i'll just go on the 4 week wait list for the scosche one.