Invisalign???

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Redsand187, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

Anyone have any experience with Invisalign braces? Mainly the cost... which I know varies. My insurance blows and I have been thinking about getting them, but I have read they anywhere from 1200-10,000 dollars... kind of a wide range there. My teef ain't that jacked up, but I wouldn't mind straightening them.

2. digital

digital original

I paid in the 1000 range, don't remember the exact cost. Definately better than braces. Bit of a pain in the ass to clean/remove/keep track of trays, but its not that bad.

3. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Mine were $4500, top teeth were pretty bad. All done now, but still wearing them till my teeth set.

4. bryanboy

bryanboy Guest

and how old are u?

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Way old for braces, hence the invisalign.

6. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

Yeah, I'll be 23 in feb, definitely don't want stupid ass braces. Plus my insurance blows like I said, they will only pay 50% and I have a 1200 dollar cap per year, which most of it will be used already. Such a crock of shit... glad I don't actually pay anything for it.

I'd be cool with less then about 5 grand. I guess I will have to make an appointment and see what it will really cost. My dentist is a douche bag and doesn't know anything about them, so he was no help.

For those that have them, when you change out the trays, does it really hurt? Also, what is to stop you from motoring through the trays to get quick results and then keep the last one in to set your teeth?

7. mr_ecktid

mr_ecktid New Member

i think mine was 3000, but i had a crazy case, i have two teeth on the side that will not come down.

but to answer some of your questions.
    if you've ever had regular braces, it feels like after you've had them tightened.

if you haven't had braces, your teeth will be sore for 2-3 days. too sore for crunchy tacos maybe, but it's bearable.

They only give youe 2-3 trays (if that) at a time so you can't motor through. also, it'd probably hurt way too much or you wouldn't even be able to squeeze into the newer trays.

8. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

How long did you have to wear your trays? How long until your teeth got straight, and how long after to set?

9. Marimekko

Marimekko wehh

im 25 and i want/need braces :hs: