GUN Intruder shot

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 2, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jun 9, 2004
    sounds like good shooting 2 rounds of .45 to the chest will do the job :cool:

ntruder Dies In Home Shooting
    Posted: Wednesday, Nov 01, 2006 - 03:48:59 pm CST

A 30-year-old man who was allegedly intruding in a home here before dawn Saturday was fatally shot by the homeowner, according to the Gillespie County Sheriff’s Department.

Pronounced dead by Justice of the Peace Carl Schoessow following the incident at 4:50 a.m. was Dan Linville Speight, a 1994 graduate of Fredericksburg High School.

Speight died after being shot twice in the chest area by a .45 caliber automatic pistol fired by Ray Granado inside Granado’s residence at 39 Granado Drive (located off West Live Oak), said Gillespie County Sheriff Milton Jung on Monday.

Apparently, it was still dark outside early Saturday when noises made in a different part of the house awakened Granado, Jung reported. Granado got out of bed to investigate, said Jung who added that Granado’s wife and a grandchild were also in the home at the time of the shooting.

When Granado reached the garage, he called out to the man asking him who he was and what he wanted, Jung said. The intruder did not verbally respond, the sheriff reported, but instead allegedly came toward Granado.

“I guess he felt threatened at that point and fired his gun,” Jung said.

“At this point in time, we do not know why Speight was there,” Jung said. Speight was not armed at the time he was shot, the sheriff added.

Emergency services were called and responding to the scene were county deputies Marcus Davies and John Robinson as well as Sgt. Walter Todd and Sheriff Jung. Assisting was Fredericksburg Police Department officer Felix Castaneda.

As of early this week, no charges had been filed in the shooting. A Texas Ranger was due here to join in the investigation.

An autopsy was performed Sunday by the Travis County Medical Examiner’s office in Austin, but the toxicology report will not be returned to the local law enforcement agency until an estimated two months, Jung said.
  2. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Aug 6, 2000
    I'm assuming it was an attatched and enclosed garage.

The laws in texas cover deadly force for

* § 9.21. Public Duty.
    * § 9.22. Necessity.
    * § 9.31. Self-Defense.
    * § 9.32. Deadly Force In Defense Of Person.
    * 9.33. Defense Of Third Person.
    * § 9.34. Protection Of Life Or Health.
    * § 9.41. Protection Of One's Own Property.
    * § 9.42. Deadly Force To Protect Property.
    * § 9.43. Protection Of Third Person's Property.
    * § 9.44. Use Of Device To Protect Property

They don't seem to have a Castle doctrine in place like FL, which IMHO is the way to cover the house, if someone has illegally entered my house/home by whatever means they choose (force, picking a lock ect) especially at night I would not hesitate to begin the confrontation with gun drawn and leveled, any threatening jesture after that would probably result in shots fired.

My opinion is that this guy got what he deserved, I hope no charges are filed.