A&P Introduction

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by fitnessphotos, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2003
  2. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Michael,
    Greetings! I've seen some of your work and I'm impressed. You have a great eye for composition and of course your subject matter is....desirable to say the least.

One small critism if I may. Some of your studio shots seem to be a bit underexposed and you don't seem to favor using much side light. Just curious as to why. EDIT: I just visited your web site and I only found one example of an underexposed photo. The rest looked great! My apologies.

My background. I have a degree in photograhpy but I switched over to cinematography. I then studied at Brooks Institute for a year before joining the workforce. I've done everything from commercial studio work to producing television programs. Currently I'm a video producer/director for a production company. I still do most of my own shooting, lighting as well as editing.

Good to have you on board.

Cheers
    Jim

ps. Vipers are cool. Me, I'm into Shelby Cobra replicas. Check out www.cobracountry.com. Look in the "books and videos" section. You'll find an ad for a video I produced a few years ago about Cobra replicas.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2003
  3. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

welcome to Off-Topic :cool:

i had to add a work warning to your post. all the forums require some kinda warning on links "just in case" it has something you wouldn't want to be caught at work viewing ;)

the thread you posted on the main forum can be moved to here if you want. normally threads get purged in the main forum after 2-3 days, and it will be gone forever. but if you have it moved here, it will stay for a long long time :cool:
    you'll have to PM one of the main forum mods with your link and ask them to move it for you if you want it to live on

4. I've been posting pics to keep it going, but might be a good idea to move it. I'll drop ace a note when I run out of material. lol

Thanks, Jcolman! I'm sure you could teach me alot. I'm a hack - no formal training, learn by doing. I havent worked much with spot lighting, but its been something I thought about doing. I had some bad experiences with reflectors and think of spot lights as similiar - something I'd probably get in trouble with.

Past year or so I've been more interested in natural lighting with heavy back lighting and a reflected light source.

[​IMG]

Always eager to learn!

I posted a video I did - http://www.viperalley.com/fun/MillionDollarShoot-768.wmv from one of our photo shoots.

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

best looking work by a "hack" I've seen in a long time!!

The lighting I'm referring to isn't spots, it's using big soft sources for side/rear lighting to bring out the curves in a womans body. Try placing a light bank or big chimera slightly behind and above a woman. Then you can use a soft fill light to soften the shadow side. Beautiful results. The trick is to use a BIG light source.

Anyway, it's all good. Your work is absolutly terrific. You have a talent for poses, always one of my weaknesses.

Cheers
    Jim

6. TypeS - think you could give me a hand? I dont seem to have a way of getting in touch with anyone and would hate to see the post disappear. My biggest posting spree ever!

7. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

PM sent :) hopefully it'll get moved in here today :)

8. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

Hi, good stuff, like jcolman said, gotta love your subject and your photos look great

i can understand your fustration with lighting... i'm a graduating photography student and having taken this one studio lighting class 3 times (the teacher's really really good and i learned more each time i took it, but he was also really hard cause he felt that the subject was like the last thing we needed to master before we left) i'm ready to forget it and just shoot outdoors.... problem is last time i was shooting outdoors, i kept thinking of how i could bounce light here or put a small light there to change the light... :big grin:

welcome

9. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

sorry man, your thread got purged before the move

10. DOH!

Man, what a waste..... lol

Don't think I could do that one again...... :(

11. SenenCito

SenenCito OT Supporter

piz

hello, sorry that thread vanished I was looking for that one just now :(

Ahh well ...