Intro and question:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 4degrees, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4degrees

4degrees College FB Rankings and Self Pwning Crews

Hi everyone, fitness n00b here. :wavey:

Just recently I started working out at the gym. Generally I do 40 minutes on an elliptical, 3 sets of crunches to the point where i have a good burn going, and then either arms, legs or back/chest/shoulders depending on the day (I'm still trying to figure out a regimen when it comes to weights). We generally go to the gym about 3 times a week, sometimes four.

My goals are to lose fat, gain stamina (I'd like to eventually be able to run 3 miles in 20 minutes), build a little muscle, and tone what muscle I do gain. I don't care if I lose much weight, as long as I feel better. Currently I'm around 250 and am 6'1".

My diet has improved a bit over the last several months. I started eating oatmeal in the mornings for the fiber and to help drop my cholesterol, and switched from normal soda to diet. I also started getting a weekly shipment of organic vegetables from a local farm here so I have more healthy stuff around the house to cook with and as a deterrent from going the quick and easy fast food route.

Anyhow, I'm interested in what people do to get/stay limber around here. I'd like to be able to touch my toes some day. :o

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and feel free to comment on how retarded I am or whatever.

2. chickenadobo

chickenadobo New Member

read the stickies

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

Stickies, check the diet in the stickied BB thread to get a good sense of how to structure a meal plan and your ratios, and check the noob thread / etc for a ton of great full body routines to set yourself on. A mistake a lot of people make who want to lose a lot of weight is crash dieting. Just lower your maintenance a bit, eat right, and lift hard, and the results will come.

4. 4degrees

Yeah I'm not worried about the diet or the workout part, I'm reading up on both here and know that these things take time and effort.

I guess I need to search harder as far as flexibility stuff goes. Thanks anyhow.

5. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

stretch :dunno: that's about all there is to it

stretch for about 20 minutes every night for a couple of weeks and you'll be amazed

6. 4degrees

Much more straightforward than I was expecting. :) Thanks for the info.

7. Memor

Memor Active Member

In the OTFN archives, there is a file sharing prog, get the pword from cave, and find MaineSucks' breakdown of the magnificent mobility DVD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.