SRS Intramural Sports at college...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Aug 30, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I am really thinking about signing up for one and tomorrows is the last day to do so but I am not sure if I should. I want to sign up for Tennis but I have never even played before and I am not sure if, who ever I partner with would want someone that has never even played before. If I could even get a partner do to me having almost no idea how to play. Also, it says Tennis is at leisure so does that mean you can sign up and plan when ever you want?

Sorry I was not really sure where to post this but your thoughts on Intramural Sports are welcome :big grin:

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

yea when it says at leisure it means you just come and play whenever you want.

usually they do that when not a lot of people sign up

intramural sports are a good way to socialize and be a part of something without it affecting school life

3. ForALoafOfBread

ForALoafOfBread mmmbop

^ :werd:

leisure = play whenever you want

you can find some good advice/tips on youtube :)

4. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Cool, thanks, what racket do you guys think I should get or does it not matter?

5. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I played intramural sports in college and loved it. I don't know if I'd play tennis having no experience, but I definitely recommend joining.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

DO IT! Playing Intramural Sports is not only obviously healthy for you, but I swear it is a great way to meet more people, and from the talks you and I have had you really need to obtain some new friends :)

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Me and my friend are going to today at 3pm for the meeting, I just hope that they get enough people or they wont have Tennis. We need 20 people to get going.

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah I do, I am hardly even talking to my other friends anymore. This fall turned out to be more busy then I could have ever expected, the first week of school and I am tired as fuck. I have class every day and I go back onto campus for a night class. I live at fucking school, I came home to eat and I go back at 1pm to get help with math then at 3pm I am going to the Tennis meeting, then I have to get help with Bio... Im so fucking tired. It feels kinda good to be this busy but I am stressed out about all of my classes and have been unable to sleep.

9. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well I am all signed up but I have never played before and it looks like they are going to be doing pairs. Everyone there has experience...

10. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I played IM flag football (co-ed) at school every year, and it was a blast! My sorority's team always got killed, but we had so much fun doing it, and I walked away with a few new friends, as well.

11. nsane

nsane New Member

Don't worry about sucking, intramurals are just for having fun. I just got into ultimate frisbee and I hadn't played for 3 years... I sucked, but no one cared because we're all just there to have fun and meet people.

12. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

wow...it seems as though IMs for everyone else was vastly different then it it was for me...

at GA Tech is is extremely competative and I have been ejected more then once from a game...infact most people I know have been ejected at least once...

its good that you signed up though...playing sports are a great way to relieve the stress caused by school...

13. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Tennis is fun.

If you don't like it, you can always quit, right?

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Football and basket ball is very competitive at my school but Golf and Tennis is at your leisure. We just met up and they were like this is really just so you can meet people to play with...

I still feel kinda bad because I have never even played, today was the first day I even picked up a racket. I don't even know how to keep score or serve in the game. Correct way to hold the racket.. I talked to one of my friends who is really good and she said that she hates to play against people who suck because you just serve them the ball and they miss every time.

I signed up anyways because Tennis is always a sport I wanted to play but none of my friends ever played. I thought there would have been some newbies there but it doesn't seem that way at all. Everyone said they just hadn't played in a while.

15. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah I can, its not a problem to quit this sport unlike football where you have a team and its a big deal. I know I will like the game but I just don't want to drag anyone down being their partner or playing against them and wasting their time because I can't hit the ball.

16. TBirdV

TBirdV New Member

I play a division 1 sport for my college and i still play intramurals. They're great and I think they are a blast. If you are not an athlete or do not really enjoy working out and getting exercise, at least its something competitive to make the exercise that you need (and believe me u do need it) more bearable and possibly fun

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I just played today and I am so bad that half the balls went off the court...

18. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: Stop giving a shit if you suck at it man, it's intramural sports for fuck's sake! Just have fun and meet some people! People will only be annoyed if you keep apologizing for sucking all the time. Say it once and have fun from there on out.