Into The Wild

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mr. Pelham, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

Last night my girl brought over "Into The Wild" from the redbox. Well an hour and fifteen minutes into it it started to skip and then wouldn't play. I tried cleaning it but that didn't work.

What happens at the end? convince me to go back out and rent it again so I can watch the end. If its that good I'll do it.

2. StinkyP

StinkyP New Member

He dies

3. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

that was a given, from the opening scene. However, I don't think i'm convinced to go and pick it up again.

4. mr jenzie

mr jenzie New Member

the earth is invaded by the care bears .....

would make a MUCH BETTER ending really

5. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

That is one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time. In fact, it may be one of my top 10 favorites. I thought it was fantastic from start to finish.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

The ending made me weep like a baby. You need to re-rent it, the ending is the best part IMO.

7. Mr. Pelham

Mr. Pelham Guest

its got sketchy right around the homless shelter scene...Alexander Supertramp :big grin:

8. Two toys

Two toys New Member

the movie is a romantacized version of an idiot doing what lots of young americans do regularly. the dude died less than 5 miles from a rescue station which if he had a map he could have easily gotten to and been saved. worship him as a martyr, he's just a dumb boy who had a great adventure stopped short by a series of bad decisions.

aside from that I really did enjoy the movie as a movie, if it were fictional i would have liked it more.

9. REDTAIL

REDTAIL New Member

There are really som egreat scenes in it towards the end.

10. Annie Pants

Annie Pants New Member

I've been wanting to see this since the book.

11. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

Nooo... the last half of the movie is SOOOOO important.

Brilliant film. You MUST go get it again and watch the end.

Probably in my top 3 movies.

12. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

The point of the movie went completely over your head. People who say this just simply didn't understand it.

13. Two toys

Two toys New Member

okay, so sir enlighten me on the point of the movie then since it went over my head.

and are we talking about the point of the movie or the story of christopher McCandles himself that it is based on?

14. iDrive

iDrive OTAP crew. Muradadog crew. GO GATORS!

go rent it again. Great Movie.

15. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

If all you focus on is the ending then that is probably all you take from it. The ending to me, wasnt important. It was all that happened before and his mindset and attitude toward what society has become that makes it so great.

16. Two toys

Two toys New Member

how can you say the ending isn't important? A real HUMAN LIFE was lost for no fucking reason, this isnt fiction, its not just words on a page, its a true story. I said he had a great adventure, I said I enjoyed the movie, I got a lot from it and I agree he did have an interesting view of society, but the point is those very views led to him dying for no reason and you people worship him for it.

i think it is YOU who is missing the point of the movie.

17. HaremScarem

HaremScarem So you think that you're an angel, well then the d

:werd: I don't understand why people idolize this kid. He was a fucking idiot.

18. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

Worhip him? You're right. I have a Chris McCandless shrine setup with a picture and candles. :rolleyes:

If you actually read my post you will see that the ending, to me wasnt important. That is how I view the movie.

His attitude towards society didnt kill him. Going into the wilderness unprepared killed him. That is why I view the movie as so great up unto that point. His death was sad and unnecessary but I thought the way in which he lived up unto that point was great. So again, the ending isnt that important to me.

19. vudoodoodoo

vudoodoodoo New Member

All of the Alaskans said he was retarded. :rofl:

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

well i guess you are entitled to YOUR dumb fuck opinion, as wrong as it may be.

21. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

That's mature. :rolleyes:

It's an opinion, therefor, it cannot be right or wrong.

22. Chitown B

Chitown B Active Member

after this I went out and rented the documentary about the grizzly man who gets eaten by one. crazy stuff.

23. ptwiggens

ptwiggens New Member

You are an idiot... no way around it.

Did you not understand that the entire point of the ending was to show that he was STUPID for being so cynical and holier-than-thou about life.

At the end, he realized that he had pushed away everything that was important to him.

His family and human relationships in general.

He realized that despite all of the bullshit... human relationships are what make life worth living.

The ending is of PARAMOUNT importance.

The message is "I was stupid, I only realized what is important in life after it was too late."

24. Felixx219

Felixx219 New Member

You realize that movies are a form of art and are open to interpretation?

Meaning that different people can take different themes, meanings, etc from it.

If you think that this is the only thing that can be taken from this movie then you are the idiot.

I have discussed this movie with lots of people. I have heard about 50 different things that people have taken from it.

How can you sit here and say that you interpretation listed above is the only thing people can take from it? That's ridiculous.

I respect your view of the movie and can see how you take that from it. But I also believe that your view is very negative and isnt looking at the other side of things.

No reason to attack when discussing art. There is no right or wrong view. If you think that then again, you are an idiot.

25. Chitown B

Chitown B Active Member

he did try to leave in July of the year he died, but he couldn't because of the river changing. so, i think we're left to assume that he came to the realization that he wanted to be back with people, but he had no choice anymore.