SRS Intimidation Tactics at Work

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RX8Shinka, Jun 1, 2006.

1. RX8Shinka

RX8Shinka New Member

Earlier this year, one of my co-workers approached me about how unhappy she was at work. Apparently, the staff was throwing all their work upon her shoulders and also, gossiping about her. We talked privately a few times, I told her that I understood her position. I told her that I too have noticed some strange behaviors but did not name name's. Only thing I said was "Oh that woman looked me up and down when I spoke with her." A month ago, this woman quit. She was, is a great friend of mine.. who I continue to keep in contact with.

Last week, I was standing outside my office on the step when our CEO and Operations Manager came up to me (invading my personal space). The Operations Manager began by complimenting me on my shoes.. which was nice. I then asked the CEO about a new office policy in which she explained. But then she said to me, "I don't understand what Registration is and what you do here.." so I tried to explain it to her as best I could (I felt a bit defensive) but was nervous. We got interrupted and she left. Later that afternoon, I went to another office in which she was there by herself. She asked if I was friends with the woman that quit, I said "somewhat." I told her that she was undergoing a great deal of stress with her new marriage and has lost her appartment and is being forced to move in with his sister. End of story.

For some reason, I feel paranoid about losing my job after all this... I'm scared. I have never been confronted like that. Can someone please make sense of all this? Just thinking about it gives me a panic attack.

Please help, :noes::hs:

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I think the CEO is hitting on you. That being said, stay out of office politics. There are two sides (or more) to every story. You just heard from the woman that quit.

3. RX8Shinka

RX8Shinka New Member

I am staying out of it. I'm very friendly to EVERYONE. I don't know what's going on.. they assume things... they're paranoid... maybe they're guilty of something...

4. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

or maybe you're reading too much into things.

what's the nationality of your boss? Many cultures don't have this notion of personal space that we have.

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You know people bring the most misery into eachothers lives, there's always such a thing as a 'culture' or work atmosphere that you are in. What you should never be afraid of is losing your job, losing your job isn't losing your life, and you must refuse to take on stress because some person in a higher position is giving you the full blow, being afraid of losing your job is your state of hell that a higher positioned person will take abuse off. However if you don't care for your job nor that persons position it will make them quite defenseless , you have to rigourously fight for what you believe in, trust me if a boss wants to fire you they'll do it anyway, so there's no reason why you shouldn't stand up for your own rights.

What you must 'try' to do, is just do your job and stay out of trouble. You have to be as defensive as you can possibly be. But you don't have to swallow everything your boss throws at you. Don't put your pen into the company. Seperate private from work.